Deleted .frm files in VB5 enterprise
Author Message
 Deleted .frm files in VB5 enterprise

I accidentally deleted 2 frm files from a project in VB5 enterprise...

is there any way to rebuild them from the .frx (form executables) files that
were generated at compilation

sometimes limited...

cheerz

sean

Mon, 31 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Deleted .frm files in VB5 enterprise
Time to whip out your trusty backup.

FRX files are just containers for binary (most of the time) data.  For
example, the form icon is stored in the FRX file.  They are generated when
you save a form that includes binary information.

You might also be able to undo the delete, depending on the utilities you
have available.

Good Luck,
David Phillips

Quote:

>I accidentally deleted 2 frm files from a project in VB5 enterprise...

>is there any way to rebuild them from the .frx (form executables) files
that
>were generated at compilation

>sometimes limited...

>cheerz

>sean

Mon, 31 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Deleted .frm files in VB5 enterprise
With regard to the "undo" that David mentions, if you did any kind of normal
delete, the files should still be in your Recycle Bin.

Rick

Quote:

>Time to whip out your trusty backup.

>FRX files are just containers for binary (most of the time) data.  For
>example, the form icon is stored in the FRX file.  They are generated when
>you save a form that includes binary information.

>You might also be able to undo the delete, depending on the utilities you
>have available.

>Good Luck,
>David Phillips

>>I accidentally deleted 2 frm files from a project in VB5 enterprise...

>>is there any way to rebuild them from the .frx (form executables) files
>that
>>were generated at compilation

>>sometimes limited...

>>cheerz

>>sean

Mon, 31 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Convert VB3 binary frm to VB5 frm files

2. Lost .frm file, vb5, what happened?

3. VB5 and .FRM, .FRX files, vs. VB4 - question

4. Unable to delete emails frm my inbox?

5. Using VB5 Enterprise to get a file from the net

6. Using VB5.0 Enterprise to download File from FTP and HTTP

7. Newbie Question: about file type for .frm files

8. Upgrade from vb5,0 Pro to vb5.0 Enterprise

9. Q: VB5 - Creating a password frm/maintaining passwords?

10. Converting VB3 .FRM and .BAS Binary format to VB5

11. Extract data frm Access with SQL in VB5

12. Converting VB3 .FRM and .BAS Binary format to VB5