Execute Program on Startup?
Author Message
 Execute Program on Startup?

Hi,

I have a small VB app that I want to start when Windows boots up.  I know
that I can:

1)  Put in in the Startup group
2)  Put it in the win.ini with run=myapp.exe

I would prefer it to not be in either place.  I know there are apps that
start when Windows starts that are in neither of these places.  For example
RealPlayer G2 after installation will start automatically when Windows
starts and its not in the Startup group nor in win.ini.  So there has to be
a way.

Anyone know how?

Thanks,

Doug

Sun, 13 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Execute Program on Startup?

Quote:

>I have a small VB app that I want to start when Windows boots up.  I know
>that I can:

>1)  Put in in the Startup group
>2)  Put it in the win.ini with run=myapp.exe

>I would prefer it to not be in either place.  I know there are apps that
>start when Windows starts that are in neither of these places.

It's in the registry at this this location or similar, depending on OS,...

Frank Carr

Sun, 13 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. How to run program on startup (not using startup)

2. Startup-sub will not be executed

3. execute Macro at Excel startup

4. Code is executed at startup, but shouldn't be

5. Executing other programs from a vb3 program

6. Execute a program from another program

7. About executing DOS programs in a VB program...

8. Execute DOS program from VB program

9. Execute DOS program from VB program

10. Execute a program that expects parameters within another program

11. Is there a startup VB program?

12. Detecting Program Startup