Using NT security and user SID/login name
Author Message
 Using NT security and user SID/login name

I am building an app which will integrate with NT security.  I want to store
something inside my DB that will link an NT user to their data.  I cannot
use the user's full name, because that can abviously change.  I dont want to
use the login name because I know that our admin people are going around
changing MANY user's login names.

I was thinking of the user's SID (in text format).

Is this a good idea and does anyone have some code _VB_ code that retrieves
the current user's SID?

Or any other ideas?

Fri, 27 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Using NT security and user SID/login name

|I am building an app which will integrate with NT security.  I want
to store
|something inside my DB that will link an NT user to their data.  I
cannot
|use the user's full name, because that can abviously change.  I dont
want to
|use the login name because I know that our admin people are going
around
|changing MANY user's login names.
|
|I was thinking of the user's SID (in text format).
|
|Is this a good idea and does anyone have some code _VB_ code that
retrieves
|the current user's SID?

Try http://www.netfokus.dk/vbadmincode/ , VB section, Security,
GetSid.

;-) Cool
Hasta Luego
Adrian Maull [MCSD]

Fri, 27 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Using NT security and user SID/login name

2. LDB Viewer -- Need to get NT user login name in addition to computer name

3. how to get NT login user name

4. Get the login name from a Wondows NT-User

5. I need to get users NT Login Name

6. Getting NT Users LOGIN NAME?

7. Full user name from NT login ID

8. Getting NT User Login Name

9. How to find NT Login ... User name

10. How obtain the Security ID (SID) in text form for the current user

11. NH: Need to have user login with their NT login

12. Login in in vb6 app using NT user and password