Winsock Control
Author Message
 Winsock Control

I am trying to use VB5 winsock control to connect to a switch(telephone
dialer in communications industry). Basically I am trying to create a telnet
app like the one that is standard with Microsoft operating system. I am
trying to emulate a vt100 and I am not being successful. However when I
connect I can connect but when I receive the data I am getting a lot of
garbage data before I see the actual data.

Now my question is do I need to convert the data that I am receiving because
I am only just taking the string that I receive and displaying it in a text
box but I have the text box font set to system.  I am not certain if I need
to have some sort of VT100 emulator function or routines to convert the
data. Has anyone any suggestions. I have used Power TCP's custom control and
that works however the company is not willing to purchase the license and we
have a single user license. Any control out there that I could use or any
suggestion from anyone.

Thanks in advance for all the assistance..

Sat, 04 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. VB6 Winsock Control vs. Winsock API

2. Winsock Control Error 2 winsock.listen

3. WinSock control CPU hog and gimme WinSock API! :)

4. use the winsock Control or winsock API

5. This make me very angry (Winsock 2 and Visual Basic Winsock Control)

6. use the winsock Control or winsock API

7. winsock api, not winsock control

8. winsock api vs winsock control

9. VB6 Winsock Control vs. Winsock API

10. winsock api vs winsock control

11. winsocks without winsock control?

12. which winsock control and html control to use