removing a reference item from the project references option
Author Message
 removing a reference item from the project references option

First off I know that to remove the reference from my project all I have to
do is de-select it.  What I want to do I remove a reference from the list of
options.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

James

--
** James Hammond
** BCS Engineering in Ramona, CA

Sat, 18 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 removing a reference item from the project references option
Unregister the component from the Windows registry using regsvr32.exe

For example, at the command prompt type:
regsvr32.exe /U "MyComponent.dll"

Afterwards you may delete the component.

Quote:
> First off I know that to remove the reference from my project all I have
> do is de-select it.  What I want to do I remove a reference from the list
of
> options.

> Any help would be greatly appreciated,

> James

> --
> ** James Hammond
> ** BCS Engineering in Ramona, CA

Sat, 18 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 removing a reference item from the project references option
That list comes from the registry.

You can try and unregister the dll/exe it is pointing to, otherwise it's a
hack in the registry to remove it.

Quote:

>First off I know that to remove the reference from my project all I have to
>do is de-select it.  What I want to do I remove a reference from the list
of
>options.

>Any help would be greatly appreciated,

>James

>--
>** James Hammond
>** BCS Engineering in Ramona, CA

Sun, 19 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Removing ActiveX exe references from project->references

2. Remove items from references?

3. Removing item from References list

4. Remove Entry from Project References

5. removing VB dll from registry/Project Reference list

6. Project References Vs Binary References

7. VB COM project reference works, but dll reference does not

8. VB6 Hell : Where is References under menu-item Project like in VB5

9. Reference Menu Item Under Project Menu

10. Reference Menu Item Under Project Menu

11. Referencing a C# project within a VB.NET project

12. VB changes a Project Component to a hidden Project Reference