API function for sending mail
Author Message
 API function for sending mail

Hi, i want to send a mail (subject, body and attachment file) without
using any mail component but from an API call. Is it possible?
thanks

--
Guillermo Casta?o Acevedo
Gerente de Sistemas - Grupo Millennium Ltda

www.GrupoMillennium.com

Mon, 19 Apr 2004 01:36:04 GMT
 API function for sending mail
Do you mean you don't want to use such objects like CDO, CDONTS and etc? Do
you mean you want to use MAPI(Messaging Application Programming Interface)
directly? If so, you can reference more information about MAPI at:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/mapi...
mapi1book_legal_information_2.asp

Hope it helps.

Best Regards,
Robin Shen
Microsoft Support

You assume all risk for your use. Copy right, 2001 Microsoft Corporation.
All rights reserved.

Mon, 19 Apr 2004 11:05:53 GMT
 API function for sending mail
Yes, what i want is to use MAPI because i'm having problems with SMTP

Quote:

--
Guillermo Casta?o Acevedo
Gerente de Sistemas - Grupo Millennium Ltda

www.GrupoMillennium.com

Mon, 19 Apr 2004 21:13:37 GMT
 API function for sending mail
Send and Receive e-mail using MAPI control
hope this help you.

good luck.

http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q185/1/71.ASP

Quote:
> Hi, i want to send a mail (subject, body and attachment file) without
> using any mail component but from an API call. Is it possible?
> thanks

> --
> Guillermo Casta?o Acevedo
> Gerente de Sistemas - Grupo Millennium Ltda

> www.GrupoMillennium.com

Mon, 19 Apr 2004 23:02:19 GMT
 API function for sending mail
I tried it. All works fine in my environment, but against my client's
Exchange server i'm having an undeliverable mail message error after trying
to send it. Any ideas?
thanks

Quote:

--
Guillermo Casta?o Acevedo
Gerente de Sistemas - Grupo Millennium Ltda

www.GrupoMillennium.com

Tue, 20 Apr 2004 05:56:30 GMT
 API function for sending mail
Here are some thoughts for your reference:

First, please confirm that the MAPI profile on those machines has Internet
Mail Serives installed an configured properly. Otherwise, MAPI won't be
able to send email to SMTP address.

Then you may troubleshoot whether or not this problem only happens to some
recipts? Please try to send internal recipts; try use Internet Mail address
other than Display Name and etc.

Besides, you can also search http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search
to reference some related discussion.

Hope it helps.

Best Regards,
Robin Shen
Microsoft Support

You assume all risk for your use. Copy right, 2001 Microsoft Corporation.
All rights reserved.

Tue, 20 Apr 2004 11:12:51 GMT

1. Send a mail with API function

2. Send Mail Without Leaving Message in Sent Mail

3. Function to encode binary file and send by VB (mail)

4. Function to encode binary file and send by VB (mail)

5. Function to encode binary file and send by VB (mail)

6. send a mail with APIs ??????????

7. send mail in vb with MAPy or API ?

8. Sending e-mail using the Win32 API?

9. API to send mail with attachment?

10. send e-mail for API

11. Send and recieve mail using API

12. How to send text with API function SendMessage() ?