Error in Development Environment
Author Message
 Error in Development Environment

After installing an additional application to my system, I now get the error

License information for this component not found.  You do not have the
appropriate license to use this functionality in the design environment.

How can I fix this without rebuilding my entire HDD?  I tried reinstalling
all of the VB5.0 components, application, updates, and service packs but
still get this error with the tabbed dialog control.  Does anyone know how
to fix this or where I could get info about how to fix it?  I tried looking
around on Microsoft and a couple of other places but to no avail...

Please Help, I really don't want to rebuild my entire HDD because of
this....

Thanks loads in advance...

Crestor

Sat, 08 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Error in Development Environment
Crestor, see if the following articles help:

For VB 5.0 - vbc.exe Fixes VB 5.0 Control Installation Problem.
MSKB Article ID: Q181854
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q181/8/54.asp?FR=0

PRB: "License Information for This Component Not Found" Error
Article ID: Q177799
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q177/7/99.asp

'--------
galen

Quote:
> After installing an additional application to my system, I now get the
error

> License information for this component not found.  You do not have the
> appropriate license to use this functionality in the design environment.

> How can I fix this without rebuilding my entire HDD?  I tried reinstalling
> all of the VB5.0 components, application, updates, and service packs but
> still get this error with the tabbed dialog control.  Does anyone know how
> to fix this or where I could get info about how to fix it?  I tried
looking
> around on Microsoft and a couple of other places but to no avail...

> Please Help, I really don't want to rebuild my entire HDD because of
> this....

> Thanks loads in advance...

> Crestor

Sun, 09 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Error in Development Environment
I noticed Glen Riddell posted an answer to a similar problem:

Quote:
>if you go into the vb directory on your install cd then into tools\controls
>and dbl click on vbctrls.reg you will probably find this cures the problem.

Ash

Wed, 12 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. VxD error upon leaving Win 95 VB 3.0 development environment

2. Alternative to Microsoft Development Environment

3. Development Environments

4. Development Environment Breakpoint Problems

5. Alternative VB.Net Development Environments

6. development environment issue

7. runtime filtering with Development Environment

8. Newbie question - Default development environment windows layout

9. Visual Basic 6 Development Environment - Thread killed on compiling

10. Best Development Environment

11. Development Environment Versus EXE: can anyone explain it?

12. Out of memory in development environment