DirectX incompatibility with other services running?
Author Message
 DirectX incompatibility with other services running?

I been unable to make alot of Directx Sample codes to run.

I even went on to upgrade to DirectX 9a.

I remember that I can't use a USB video TV tuner while Netmeeting or Desktop
sharing is running.  So I discover that after many crashes.

Now, is there something similiar to that situation with DirectX?

Because when I run the VB6 sample code, its always the DirectX related
objects that cannot work (not set or function not doing anything).  Its
consistent among all sample codes I have.

Please help me on this.

Wed, 02 Nov 2005 11:19:53 GMT
 DirectX incompatibility with other services running?
Specifically, the problem occurs on the first line.

    Set D3DDevice = D3D.CreateDevice(D3DADAPTER_DEFAULT, D3DDEVTYPE_HAL,
FrmMain.GameView.hWnd, D3DCREATE_SOFTWARE_VERTEXPROCESSING, D3DPP)
    If D3DDevice Is Nothing Then Exit Function

Quote:
> I been unable to make alot of Directx Sample codes to run.

> I even went on to upgrade to DirectX 9a.

> I remember that I can't use a USB video TV tuner while Netmeeting or
Desktop
> sharing is running.  So I discover that after many crashes.

> Now, is there something similiar to that situation with DirectX?

> Because when I run the VB6 sample code, its always the DirectX related
> objects that cannot work (not set or function not doing anything).  Its
> consistent among all sample codes I have.

> Please help me on this.

Wed, 02 Nov 2005 11:29:48 GMT
 DirectX incompatibility with other services running?
Try installing direct X 9 developers runtime. You can get
it on the microsoft website. It's not easy hard to find.

Quote:

Sun, 20 Nov 2005 11:48:41 GMT
 DirectX incompatibility with other services running?
The VB samples for DirectX 9.0 / 9.0 are for VB.NET.

  You will need the DirectX 8.0 / 8.1 SDK to compile samples with Visual
Basic 6.0.

Quote:
> Specifically, the problem occurs on the first line.

>    Set D3DDevice = D3D.CreateDevice(D3DADAPTER_DEFAULT, D3DDEVTYPE_HAL,
> FrmMain.GameView.hWnd, D3DCREATE_SOFTWARE_VERTEXPROCESSING, D3DPP)
>    If D3DDevice Is Nothing Then Exit Function

>> I been unable to make alot of Directx Sample codes to run.

>> I even went on to upgrade to DirectX 9a.

>> I remember that I can't use a USB video TV tuner while Netmeeting or
> Desktop
>> sharing is running.  So I discover that after many crashes.

>> Now, is there something similiar to that situation with DirectX?

>> Because when I run the VB6 sample code, its always the DirectX related
>> objects that cannot work (not set or function not doing anything).  Its
>> consistent among all sample codes I have.

>> Please help me on this.

Mon, 21 Nov 2005 05:22:55 GMT

1. New VB Samples, Internet Client/Server, DirectX, Others

2. New VB Samples (Client/Server, Internet , DirectX, Others)

3. New VB Samples (Client/Server, Internet , DirectX, Others)

4. New VB Samples, Internet Client/Server, DirectX, Others

5. New VB Samples, Internet Client/Server, DirectX, Others

6. New VB Samples (Client/Server, Internet , DirectX, Others)

7. Outlook Apointment deleting and still running code to notify others

8. Creating controls at run-time and others...

9. Runs on some, doesn't on others

10. Runs on some, doesn't on others

11. run and run Service

12. .EXE running from AT service on NT won't run with ORACLE ODBC