More Animation.
Author Message
 More Animation.

Does anyone know how to use the Animation Controller?

How do I read the Animation from an .X file ?? ...

Hope MS gets the documentation ready soon for VB.NET DirectX...

Thanx In advance ..

Yours Matric

Sat, 25 Jun 2005 22:22:42 GMT
 More Animation.

Let me remake my question:

I'm trying to use the :

mesh.loadhierarchyfromfile(filname,mesh-flags,device,AllocationHierarcy,
LoadUserData)

I made the following:
(Of course the normal device setup and so forth, tested and cleared)

- Set Variables
Private ARF as AnimationRootFrame = nothing
Private LUD as LoadUserData
Private AH as AllocateHierachy

- Load
ARF = Mesh.LoadHierarchyFromFile("Tiny.X", MeshFlags.SystemMemory, device,
AH, LUD)

why o why isn't it workin ... Can some friendly soul help me with this? ...

//Matric

Quote:
> Does anyone know how to use the Animation Controller?

> How do I read the Animation from an .X file ?? ...

> Hope MS gets the documentation ready soon for VB.NET DirectX...

> Thanx In advance ..

> Yours Matric

Sun, 26 Jun 2005 06:21:46 GMT
 More Animation.
See the SkinnedMesh C++ sample to see how to use this. Check also the C++
documentation in case they would say a bit more about hierarchies than in
the Managed doc.

Quote:
> Let me remake my question:

> I'm trying to use the :

> mesh.loadhierarchyfromfile(filname,mesh-flags,device,AllocationHierarcy,
> LoadUserData)

> I made the following:
> (Of course the normal device setup and so forth, tested and cleared)

> - Set Variables
> Private ARF as AnimationRootFrame = nothing
> Private LUD as LoadUserData
> Private AH as AllocateHierachy

> - Load
> ARF = Mesh.LoadHierarchyFromFile("Tiny.X", MeshFlags.SystemMemory, device,
> AH, LUD)

> why o why isn't it workin ... Can some friendly soul help me with this?

> //Matric

> > Does anyone know how to use the Animation Controller?

> > How do I read the Animation from an .X file ?? ...

> > Hope MS gets the documentation ready soon for VB.NET DirectX...

> > Thanx In advance ..

> > Yours Matric

Sun, 26 Jun 2005 20:07:30 GMT
 More Animation.
The problem is that there arent any documentation :) ..

I've look'd into the SkinnedMesh C++ sample .. but it doesn't help me very
much since my lack of knowledge in
C++, and further I've noticed that the interface for AllocateMeshHierachy
isn't the same in Managed..

I tried to create my own classes who iherited the AllocateHierarchy:

Public Class cAlloHier
    Inherits AllocateHierarchy
        public overrides sub SetUserInFrame(byval frame as frame)
        end sub
        public overrides sub SetUserDataInMeshContainer(byval container as
MeshContainer)
        end sub
End Class

And another for LoadUserData.

strangely this works... only problem since my "new" classes doesn't do
anything I dont get any
MeshContainer in my  AnimationRootFrame:Object...

so .. I dont get any error messenges .. but then again I dont get a fully
functional ARF either.

How do I fill the ARF's MeshContainer ? .. I've also tried (a little to far
of the line I guess):

DIM Mesh as Mesh = (Preloaded Mesh)
DIM MD as New MeshData
DIM MC as MeshContainer

MD.Mesh = Mesh
MC.MeshData = MD

ARF = Mesh.LoadHierarcyFromFile(.........) <- Works with above (THus with no
MeshContainer)
ARF.FrameHierachy.MeshContainer = MC

The above doesn't give any error's either.. but ARF's MeshContainer is still
=Nothing....

Can some one plz help me ..... ahhrg ... :)
(My best guess is that I have to write my own code to handle the frame &
meshcontainer in the above class cAlloHier)
//Matric

Quote:
> See the SkinnedMesh C++ sample to see how to use this. Check also the C++
> documentation in case they would say a bit more about hierarchies than in
> the Managed doc.

> > Let me remake my question:

> > I'm trying to use the :

> > mesh.loadhierarchyfromfile(filname,mesh-flags,device,AllocationHierarcy,
> > LoadUserData)

> > I made the following:
> > (Of course the normal device setup and so forth, tested and cleared)

> > - Set Variables
> > Private ARF as AnimationRootFrame = nothing
> > Private LUD as LoadUserData
> > Private AH as AllocateHierachy

> > - Load
> > ARF = Mesh.LoadHierarchyFromFile("Tiny.X", MeshFlags.SystemMemory,
device,
> > AH, LUD)

> > why o why isn't it workin ... Can some friendly soul help me with this?

> > //Matric

> > > Does anyone know how to use the Animation Controller?

> > > How do I read the Animation from an .X file ?? ...

> > > Hope MS gets the documentation ready soon for VB.NET DirectX...

> > > Thanx In advance ..

> > > Yours Matric

Sun, 26 Jun 2005 23:33:49 GMT
 More Animation.
LoadHierarchyFromFile actually fills all these information. The goal of
AllocateHierarchy is to allow a developper to provide user defined
"callbacks" to take any action while different portion of the scene are
created.

A default implementation is provided. Once you loaded the info (don't need
anything more in cAlloHier), try something like :

Shared Sub Dump(ByVal f As Frame)
        Dim m As MeshContainer
        Debug.Write("Frame " & f.Name)
        ' Process containers
        m = f.MeshContainer
        While Not m Is Nothing
            Debug.Write("Mesh")
            m = m.NextContainer
        End While
        ' Process child frames
        If Not f.FrameFirstChild Is Nothing Then Dump(f.FrameFirstChild)
        ' Process next frames
        f = f.FrameSibling
        While Not f Is Nothing
            Dump(f)
            f = f.FrameSibling
        End While
        'If Not f.FrameSibling Then
        'Loop
    End Sub

Taht you can call by :

        Dump(arf.FrameHierarchy)

You should see the names of the frames shown in the IDE output window.

(You may want to try the "managed" newsgroup).

Patrice

Quote:
> The problem is that there arent any documentation :) ..

> I've look'd into the SkinnedMesh C++ sample .. but it doesn't help me very
> much since my lack of knowledge in
> C++, and further I've noticed that the interface for AllocateMeshHierachy
> isn't the same in Managed..

> I tried to create my own classes who iherited the AllocateHierarchy:

> Public Class cAlloHier
>     Inherits AllocateHierarchy
>         public overrides sub SetUserInFrame(byval frame as frame)
>         end sub
>         public overrides sub SetUserDataInMeshContainer(byval container as
> MeshContainer)
>         end sub
> End Class

> And another for LoadUserData.

> strangely this works... only problem since my "new" classes doesn't do
> anything I dont get any
> MeshContainer in my  AnimationRootFrame:Object...

> so .. I dont get any error messenges .. but then again I dont get a fully
> functional ARF either.

> How do I fill the ARF's MeshContainer ? .. I've also tried (a little to
far
> of the line I guess):

> DIM Mesh as Mesh = (Preloaded Mesh)
> DIM MD as New MeshData
> DIM MC as MeshContainer

> MD.Mesh = Mesh
> MC.MeshData = MD

> ARF = Mesh.LoadHierarcyFromFile(.........) <- Works with above (THus with
no
> MeshContainer)
> ARF.FrameHierachy.MeshContainer = MC

> The above doesn't give any error's either.. but ARF's MeshContainer is
still
> =Nothing....

> Can some one plz help me ..... ahhrg ... :)
> (My best guess is that I have to write my own code to handle the frame &
> meshcontainer in the above class cAlloHier)
> //Matric

> > See the SkinnedMesh C++ sample to see how to use this. Check also the
C++
> > documentation in case they would say a bit more about hierarchies than
in
> > the Managed doc.

> > > Let me remake my question:

> > > I'm trying to use the :

mesh.loadhierarchyfromfile(filname,mesh-flags,device,AllocationHierarcy,

> > > LoadUserData)

> > > I made the following:
> > > (Of course the normal device setup and so forth, tested and cleared)

> > > - Set Variables
> > > Private ARF as AnimationRootFrame = nothing
> > > Private LUD as LoadUserData
> > > Private AH as AllocateHierachy

> > > - Load
> > > ARF = Mesh.LoadHierarchyFromFile("Tiny.X", MeshFlags.SystemMemory,
> device,
> > > AH, LUD)

> > > why o why isn't it workin ... Can some friendly soul help me with
this?

> > > //Matric

Mon, 27 Jun 2005 01:02:12 GMT
 More Animation.
I tried Yr code, wich worked quit nice, and look I found
my meshcontainer .. it just wherent where i expected to
be .. I then halted the code and started to examing
the "ARF" and found more interresting thing about the
layout, so Thx ...

Now .. I have the hierarchy .. the mesh ... now I just
have to figure out how to use the
ARF.AnimationController .. lol ... I just hope MS will be
ready with the documentation soon ...

Thx M8 ...

btw .. Kind find the "managed"-news grp..

//Matric

Quote:

message

Controller?

VB.NET DirectX...

>.

Mon, 27 Jun 2005 22:20:53 GMT
 More Animation.
I gave this a look yesterday but "tiny" stays unchanged though changing the
time on the animationcontroller does change the time on the enabled Track.

My guess would be that it updates the TransformationMatrix that could then
during the rendering process change model parts location/orientation. Even
the C++ doc doesn't seem to say much about that (and it differs a bit about
details such CreateMeshContainer being not there ?).

I tried Yr code, wich worked quit nice, and look I found
my meshcontainer .. it just wherent where i expected to
be .. I then halted the code and started to examing
the "ARF" and found more interresting thing about the
layout, so Thx ...

Now .. I have the hierarchy .. the mesh ... now I just
have to figure out how to use the
ARF.AnimationController .. lol ... I just hope MS will be
ready with the documentation soon ...

Thx M8 ...

btw .. Kind find the "managed"-news grp..

//Matric

Quote:

message

Controller?

VB.NET DirectX...

>.

Tue, 28 Jun 2005 00:36:36 GMT
 More Animation.
Hmm .. It do differs from C++ ..Kinda to much to be easy to understand how
they think...

I'd love to get my hands on the layout of the AnimationMixer,
AnimationControll.... (Or just the final documentation for Managed DX9 would
do for now:) ...

I've started to experiment with the AnimationController and I've come to the
same conclusion ..
- That it do Update the TransformationMatrix, ....

When I looked at the Matrix within the KeyFrameInterpolator within the
AnimationSet
there is changes from Key2Key ... Big question how to implement the
AnimationSet's Matrix in a correct way.
How to blend between the key's and apply it to the Mesh.....

In the C++ docs the AnimationController should do this by it self .... big
question in how...

As you said it's probably used /part  .. ...  hmm .. I'll look into this
more tomorrow ...

Still nice to se that more ppl that I have this problem ... (mostly to
understand MS :) )

//Matric

Quote:
> I gave this a look yesterday but "tiny" stays unchanged though changing
the
> time on the animationcontroller does change the time on the enabled Track.

> My guess would be that it updates the TransformationMatrix that could then
> during the rendering process change model parts location/orientation. Even
> the C++ doc doesn't seem to say much about that (and it differs a bit
about
> details such CreateMeshContainer being not there ?).

> I tried Yr code, wich worked quit nice, and look I found
> my meshcontainer .. it just wherent where i expected to
> be .. I then halted the code and started to examing
> the "ARF" and found more interresting thing about the
> layout, so Thx ...

> Now .. I have the hierarchy .. the mesh ... now I just
> have to figure out how to use the
> ARF.AnimationController .. lol ... I just hope MS will be
> ready with the documentation soon ...

> Thx M8 ...

> btw .. Kind find the "managed"-news grp..

> //Matric

Tue, 28 Jun 2005 03:00:44 GMT
 More Animation.

Im also very intrested in more information about this
subject. Anyone with more information?
     DDman

Quote:

Tue, 28 Jun 2005 23:54:36 GMT

1. Sprite animation without an animation control?

2. Help on Animation

3. Direct Animation Reference MISSING - PLease Help

4. Office Assistant Animation

5. detect which animation image/text is currently being display

6. Animation in VB

7. *.avi animation files

8. Powerpoint animation effects

9. Office Assistant Animation

10. Visio animation - Scroll screen to center shape

11. simple animation

12. Visio Animation