How to check if D3DDEVTYPE_HALL is usable (with reply address)
Author Message
 How to check if D3DDEVTYPE_HALL is usable (with reply address)

Hello all,

Excuses, my reply address was invalid

I am on my first steps on ActiveX8 programming.
(Windows-95 using VB6).

When doing a CreateDevice Call with the D3DEVTYPE_HAL
I get an err.nr=-2005530516.
When using D3DEVTYPE_REF all goes fine.

When running DXDIAG.EXE tho following is displayed:

DirectDraw Acceleration :    Enabled
Direct3D Acceleration :        Enabled
AGP texture Acceleration :   Enabled

Furthermore I see significant speed difference between 'software-'
and 'hardware accelerated rendering' when performing the 'Direct3D'
test.

The DXCapsViewer also seems to display two 'DirectDrawDevices'
- Primary Display Driver (display)
- Hardware Emulation Layer.

I am struggling for 2 days with this problem, and I am lost.

Does anybody have an idea what might be wrong ?

Thanks in advance,

Arie Voors.

Mon, 07 Feb 2005 22:05:29 GMT
 How to check if D3DDEVTYPE_HALL is usable (with reply address)
what is that error? hint, use the error lookup tool.

does the debug runtime contain any additional info?

--

Phil Taylor
PM : DirectX SDK, Managed DirectX, Windows XP Inbox 3D screensavers, and a

> Hello all,

> Excuses, my reply address was invalid

> I am on my first steps on ActiveX8 programming.
> (Windows-95 using VB6).

> When doing a CreateDevice Call with the D3DEVTYPE_HAL
> I get an err.nr=-2005530516.
> When using D3DEVTYPE_REF all goes fine.

> When running DXDIAG.EXE tho following is displayed:

> DirectDraw Acceleration :    Enabled
> Direct3D Acceleration :        Enabled
> AGP texture Acceleration :   Enabled

> Furthermore I see significant speed difference between 'software-'
> and 'hardware accelerated rendering' when performing the 'Direct3D'
> test.

> The DXCapsViewer also seems to display two 'DirectDrawDevices'
> - Primary Display Driver (display)
> - Hardware Emulation Layer.

> I am struggling for 2 days with this problem, and I am lost.

> Does anybody have an idea what might be wrong ?

> Thanks in advance,

> Arie Voors.

Sat, 12 Feb 2005 02:38:48 GMT
 How to check if D3DDEVTYPE_HALL is usable (with reply address)
Excuses for the trouble I created.

It seemed I contacted the wrong news-groups.

Concerning my problem, I fixed it. I had a too old
driver installed.

Arie.

Quote:
>what is that error? hint, use the error lookup tool.

>does the debug runtime contain any additional info?

>--

>Phil Taylor
>PM : DirectX SDK, Managed DirectX, Windows XP Inbox 3D screensavers, and a
>few more bits and bobs.
>http://msdn.microsoft.com/directx

>> Hello all,

>> Excuses, my reply address was invalid

>> I am on my first steps on ActiveX8 programming.
>> (Windows-95 using VB6).

>> When doing a CreateDevice Call with the D3DEVTYPE_HAL
>> I get an err.nr=-2005530516.
>> When using D3DEVTYPE_REF all goes fine.

>> When running DXDIAG.EXE tho following is displayed:

>> DirectDraw Acceleration :    Enabled
>> Direct3D Acceleration :        Enabled
>> AGP texture Acceleration :   Enabled

>> Furthermore I see significant speed difference between 'software-'
>> and 'hardware accelerated rendering' when performing the 'Direct3D'
>> test.

>> The DXCapsViewer also seems to display two 'DirectDrawDevices'
>> - Primary Display Driver (display)
>> - Hardware Emulation Layer.

>> I am struggling for 2 days with this problem, and I am lost.

>> Does anybody have an idea what might be wrong ?

>> Thanks in advance,

>> Arie Voors.

Sat, 12 Feb 2005 17:05:07 GMT
 How to check if D3DDEVTYPE_HALL is usable (with reply address)
DX 8.0 or DX 8.1?

DX 8.1 doesnt run on Win95.

do the SDK samples work?

Quote:
> Hello all,

> Excuses, my reply address was invalid

> I am on my first steps on ActiveX8 programming.
> (Windows-95 using VB6).

> When doing a CreateDevice Call with the D3DEVTYPE_HAL
> I get an err.nr=-2005530516.
> When using D3DEVTYPE_REF all goes fine.

> When running DXDIAG.EXE tho following is displayed:

> DirectDraw Acceleration :    Enabled
> Direct3D Acceleration :        Enabled
> AGP texture Acceleration :   Enabled

> Furthermore I see significant speed difference between 'software-'
> and 'hardware accelerated rendering' when performing the 'Direct3D'
> test.

> The DXCapsViewer also seems to display two 'DirectDrawDevices'
> - Primary Display Driver (display)
> - Hardware Emulation Layer.

> I am struggling for 2 days with this problem, and I am lost.

> Does anybody have an idea what might be wrong ?

> Thanks in advance,

> Arie Voors.

Tue, 01 Mar 2005 02:38:06 GMT
 How to check if D3DDEVTYPE_HALL is usable (with reply address)
Could be also a driver problem ? Old drivers (pre DX 6 ?) are not usable
with DX8. With these drivers you have hardware acceleration up to DirectX 7
but you loose hardware acceleration capabilities beginning with DX8 (and the
diag program could use older interfaces).

Patrice

Quote:
> DX 8.0 or DX 8.1?

> DX 8.1 doesnt run on Win95.

> do the SDK samples work?

> > Hello all,

> > Excuses, my reply address was invalid

> > I am on my first steps on ActiveX8 programming.
> > (Windows-95 using VB6).

> > When doing a CreateDevice Call with the D3DEVTYPE_HAL
> > I get an err.nr=-2005530516.
> > When using D3DEVTYPE_REF all goes fine.

> > When running DXDIAG.EXE tho following is displayed:

> > DirectDraw Acceleration :    Enabled
> > Direct3D Acceleration :        Enabled
> > AGP texture Acceleration :   Enabled

> > Furthermore I see significant speed difference between 'software-'
> > and 'hardware accelerated rendering' when performing the 'Direct3D'
> > test.

> > The DXCapsViewer also seems to display two 'DirectDrawDevices'
> > - Primary Display Driver (display)
> > - Hardware Emulation Layer.

> > I am struggling for 2 days with this problem, and I am lost.

> > Does anybody have an idea what might be wrong ?

> > Thanks in advance,

> > Arie Voors.

Tue, 01 Mar 2005 17:40:49 GMT

1. Preventing Reply or Changing Reply Address

2. Specifying an e-mail address or Reply To address when sending mail

3. How to check if D3DEVTYPE_HAL is usable

4. Will somwbody reply who knows what i am on about (IPX/SPX)

5. I am RILLY thick so pleez don't bother replying to this message :)

6. Please REPLY......... I am in urgent need

7. Change reply to address VB

8. getting the reply address

9. A different reply address

10. Change Reply-To Address On Forward

11. Using the default email address for automatic replies.

12. Generating a reply-to address