.NET Framework and DirectX questions
Author Message
 .NET Framework and DirectX questions

1) Is COM-Interop the only way to use DirectX from C# at the moment?

2) How much this can lower application performance?

3) Is there avaible a managed version of DirectX (also in beta)? If not when
will become avaible and where to look for latest news?

4) If and when will be avaible a managed version, will API be like COM
version?

Thanks in advance for help,
 Giacomo Stelluti Scala

Sat, 16 Oct 2004 02:59:11 GMT
 .NET Framework and DirectX questions

--
Phil Taylor
PM : DirectX SDK, Managed DirectX, WindowsXP Inbox 3D Screensavers, and a

> 1) Is COM-Interop the only way to use DirectX from C# at the moment?

that I am familiar with, yes.

Quote:

> 2) How much this can lower application performance?

quite a bit. up to 40% in some cases.

Quote:

> 3) Is there avaible a managed version of DirectX (also in beta)? If not
when
> will become avaible and where to look for latest news?

when DirectX 9.0 is available, there will be support for .NET languages.

Nov-ish.

Quote:

> 4) If and when will be avaible a managed version, will API be like COM
> version?

with some changes to fit in with the .NET way of doing things, yes.
Quote:

> Thanks in advance for help,
>  Giacomo Stelluti Scala

Sat, 16 Oct 2004 03:27:38 GMT

1. Find good book about using CR.NET with VS.NET and .NET Framework

2. .Net framework question

3. .Net Framework Question

4. .Net Framework Distribution Question

5. My Vb.Net Apps will not run on other machine's with .Net Framework installed

6. VS.Net Version vs .Net Framework version

7. Deploying vb.net windows form application on a pc without the .net framework

8. .NET Framework 1.1 and VB.Net Performance - ?

9. Seeking testers for Final Beta of Communications Component for .NET (and .NET Compact Framework)

10. .NET DirectX Question and Two possible bugs

11. Attaching .NET Framework in Deployment

12. .Net Framework Deployment