direct input
Author Message
 direct input

I am acquiring both the keyboard and mouse and watching for any input to
check for activity.  The thing is when I acquire the mouse I will get an
automation error when i move the mouse at all...anyone know what is wrong
with it?

Wed, 04 Jun 2003 04:47:38 GMT
 direct input
If your using animated cursors, try changing then to different animation
cursors, it problem still persists, re-install the latest updated drivers
for your mouse, problem still persists, re-install your OS ontop of
its-self... also your pointer32.exe file may be corrupted.. replace the
before installing OS ontop of its self, may save yourself some time...

-Bill

Quote:
> I am acquiring both the keyboard and mouse and watching for any input to
> check for activity.  The thing is when I acquire the mouse I will get an
> automation error when i move the mouse at all...anyone know what is wrong
> with it?

Wed, 04 Jun 2003 23:09:20 GMT
 direct input
(I could be way off,. now that i look at the NG im in, if so... sorry)

-Bill

Quote:
> I am acquiring both the keyboard and mouse and watching for any input to
> check for activity.  The thing is when I acquire the mouse I will get an
> automation error when i move the mouse at all...anyone know what is wrong
> with it?

Wed, 04 Jun 2003 23:10:05 GMT
 direct input
thanks for your input, I am not using animated cursors at all.  I think I
may be calling something wrong but I don't know what.
I don't know what version of windows you are using but I can't find a
pointer32.exe on my system either.

i have a class, my declarations and procedures are as follows

'create an instance of the directx7 object
Private objDX As New DirectX7
'create an instance to use for the keyboard events
Private objDXDI As DirectInput
Private objDXKeyBoard As DirectInputDevice
'create an instance to use for the mouse events
Private objDXMouse As DirectInputDevice

Public Sub Star{*filter*}ch(iTimeoutTime As Integer)
'aquire the mouse to return events
objDXMouse.Acquire
'aquire the keyboard to return events
objDXKeyBoard.Acquire
End Sub

is this correct?  I don't know directx at all so I need as much help as
possible.

Thanks,
Christian

Quote:
> If your using animated cursors, try changing then to different animation
> cursors, it problem still persists, re-install the latest updated drivers
> for your mouse, problem still persists, re-install your OS ontop of
> its-self... also your pointer32.exe file may be corrupted.. replace the
> before installing OS ontop of its self, may save yourself some time...

> -Bill

> > I am acquiring both the keyboard and mouse and watching for any input to
> > check for activity.  The thing is when I acquire the mouse I will get an
> > automation error when i move the mouse at all...anyone know what is
wrong
> > with it?

Sat, 07 Jun 2003 04:39:13 GMT
 direct input
Try using different parameters when aquiring the mouse like
foreground/background.

Chris

Quote:
> I am acquiring both the keyboard and mouse and watching for any input to
> check for activity.  The thing is when I acquire the mouse I will get an
> automation error when i move the mouse at all...anyone know what is wrong
> with it?

Sat, 07 Jun 2003 22:00:31 GMT

1. Detecting Duplicate Entries On Direct Input

2. direct input vs BCP

3. Direct Input in VB 5 from Soundblaster live

4. Shell and re-directed input

5. getting a direct input from excel table

6. Direct Input : Action Mapper

7. Direct Input problem

8. direct input error

9. Direct Input :: Foot Pedal Axis question

10. Direct Input, Monitoring Inactivity

11. direct input

12. Direct Input