DirectX error
Author Message
 DirectX error

I put in a Gforce4 Ti4200 Gainward Card and DirectX quit
responding, found an error in DirectX diagnosis

under 3D acceleration, will do the first cube, not the
second cube.

FAILURE at step 5 (GetDeviceCaps): HRESULT = 0x8876086a
(3D not available)

I reinstalled the drivers and DirectX and the problem
still occurs

Sat, 05 Feb 2005 08:12:14 GMT
 DirectX error
this is usually either the agp setup or netmeeting.

new agp chipset drivers and optionally an agp bios flash can be required,
look for the geforcefaq at tweak3d.net.

netmeeting disables hw accel, and can leave it disabled if it crashes.
disable remote sharing. other remoting apps can do the same.

in some wierd cases, the enable/disable buttons can be reversed, so
enable/disable ( or disable/enable ) an extra time can fix this too. we just
cant get a repro scenario in-house to track this down I just hear it on the
groups...

--

Phil Taylor
PM : DirectX SDK, Managed DirectX, Windows XP Inbox 3D screensavers, and a

> I put in a Gforce4 Ti4200 Gainward Card and DirectX quit
> responding, found an error in DirectX diagnosis

> under 3D acceleration, will do the first cube, not the
> second cube.

> FAILURE at step 5 (GetDeviceCaps): HRESULT = 0x8876086a
> (3D not available)

> I reinstalled the drivers and DirectX and the problem
> still occurs

Sat, 05 Feb 2005 09:40:22 GMT
 DirectX error
I was one of those freak button gets switched around.  I
went and hit disable on 3D accelleration and it started
to work after that, so my buttons got switched around.
I'll try and reproduce it--but I can hardly remember all
the steps to the crash.

Quote:

confers no rights.

>> I put in a Gforce4 Ti4200 Gainward Card and DirectX
quit
>> responding, found an error in DirectX diagnosis

>> under 3D acceleration, will do the first cube, not the
>> second cube.

>> FAILURE at step 5 (GetDeviceCaps): HRESULT = 0x8876086a
>> (3D not available)

>> I reinstalled the drivers and DirectX and the problem
>> still occurs

>.

Sat, 05 Feb 2005 22:38:39 GMT

1. DirectX error messages ddraw.dll problem

2. directX errors

3. DirectX Error

4. Can a Form or 2nd DirectX app be show over top of DirectX App

5. I only downloaded th DirectX SDK which didn't contain documents on DirectX Media

6. DirectX 7 Automation Error

7. DirectX D3DDevice Inconsistency/Error

8. Automation errors in DirectX 8.0

9. DirectX 7 Automation Error

10. DirectX 7 Automation Error

11. DirectX 9.0A end-user runtime and Managed DirectX.

12. compatibility problem between directx 8 applications and directx 9...