DirectXEvent8 forms & ActiveX Controls
Author Message
 DirectXEvent8 forms & ActiveX Controls

The reference material for DirectXEvent8 (VB) specifies
that this class can only be implemented via a Form.

If I am creating an ActiveX control and I dont have the
luxury of modifying the Form code what is my approach for
managing the InputDevices and their associated events then?

(copied in microsoft.public.win32.programmer.directx.input)

Sun, 09 May 2004 16:08:04 GMT
 DirectXEvent8 forms & ActiveX Controls
Hi all,

I now have an activeX control that successfully uses
DirectInput to manage a number of joysticks.

So it can be done!

Because a form is required the trick I used was to create
a form but never load it.  I use this form instead of a
class to create all my devices.

The next trick was passing events from the form to the
control.  Since the control cannot implement events
defined on the form, the form in turn creates an event
class to pass events to the control.  The control
implements this special event class.

The control then defines its own event that can be used by
the containing form if required.

Walter

Quote:

Mon, 10 May 2004 21:51:21 GMT

1. ActiveX control + VBModal & VBModeless forms

2. ActiveX control in ActiveX EXE project without form?

3. DirectxEvent8 in DirectSound (HELP!)

4. ActiveX DLL, ActiveX EXE & ActiveX OCX version

5. ActiveX DLL, ActiveX EXE & ActiveX OCX version

6. HOW TO: Pass Form/Control Objects to ActiveX Control

7. Accessing a public function within an ActiveX control from a form created by the control

8. Forms & ActiveX

9. forms & ActiveX in Word 2000 (97)

10. Help - Activex doc & forms

11. ActiveX EXE Classes & Forms Problem