About DX 8 and 9
Author Message
 About DX 8 and 9

Hi there!I recently downloaded your DirectX 8 SDK and
really wanted to learn it to use with VB(I have almost one
year and a half experience in VB).The question is :will my
software be compatible with the DX 9(will the systems
equipped with DX 9 be able to run my software?)?Are there
big differences between these versions(so,if I learn this
version ,will it be easy to learn the next one)?

So ,is it good to learn DX 8 or it's a waste of time
because it's out of date?Unfortunately ,my hardware
doesn't allows me yet to install DX 9.

I anticipately thank you for your reply.

Tue, 11 Oct 2005 15:57:24 GMT
 About DX 8 and 9
Hello George
If you really like VB choose DX 8, otherwise if you like VB .Net choose DX 9.
As for the software made in DX7,8.. it will run on a DX9 system.
In the end a question for you:what do you want to make with DX(simple 2d,simple 3d, complex 3d.....)?
Hope this helps

--
With best regards
Trimbitas Sorin
| Hi there!I recently downloaded your DirectX 8 SDK and
| really wanted to learn it to use with VB(I have almost one
| year and a half experience in VB).The question is :will my
| software be compatible with the DX 9(will the systems
| equipped with DX 9 be able to run my software?)?Are there
| big differences between these versions(so,if I learn this
| version ,will it be easy to learn the next one)?
|
| So ,is it good to learn DX 8 or it's a waste of time
| because it's out of date?Unfortunately ,my hardware
| doesn't allows me yet to install DX 9.
|
| I anticipately thank you for your reply.

Tue, 11 Oct 2005 19:44:45 GMT
 About DX 8 and 9
Check out www.directx4vb.com
Real good tutorials, get you going real fast, better than the DirecrX
examples in the SDK.
On Fri, 25 Apr 2003 00:57:24 -0700, "George Ardeleanu"
Quote:

>Hi there!I recently downloaded your DirectX 8 SDK and
>really wanted to learn it to use with VB(I have almost one
>year and a half experience in VB).The question is :will my
>software be compatible with the DX 9(will the systems
>equipped with DX 9 be able to run my software?)?Are there
>big differences between these versions(so,if I learn this
>version ,will it be easy to learn the next one)?

>So ,is it good to learn DX 8 or it's a waste of time
>because it's out of date?Unfortunately ,my hardware
>doesn't allows me yet to install DX 9.

>I anticipately thank you for your reply.

Wed, 12 Oct 2005 08:56:24 GMT

1. :DX SDK

2. Is there a work-around for installing MSDE on a i486 DX 100mhz

3. DirectDraw (Dx 9.0 Managed) - How to scale and write text

4. DX SDK 9.1

5. Starting DX with VB

6. Dx libraries don't appear in list.

7. skinning in managed dx

8. Dx headache

9. dx headache!

10. how to use directplay in dx 9 ?

11. DX shortcomings

12. Running an application without DX installed