Difference between MP Control & DirectShow
Author Message
 Difference between MP Control & DirectShow

I was thinking of changing from MCI to DirectShow in the application I'm
developing and was wondering what the main difference was between the Media
Player control and pure directshow.  I wouldn't normally think of using the
media player control over pure directx (pure in VB standards, I guess) but
setting CurrentPosition in directshow doesn't seem to update the video
window everytime it's called.  The Media Player control seems to update
whenever it seeks, which I need.

Also, I read on usenet that I should be able to send MCI commands through
the control - is that true?

Mon, 27 Jun 2005 01:57:55 GMT

1. VB DirectShow IMediaSeeking Wrapper and other DirectShow Questions

2. DirectShow & Direct3D

3. Help me!!! DirectShow ActiveX Control

4. Help me!!! DirectShow ActiveX Control

5. MP and Access Integration

6. visual basic to Tandem's nonstop sql/mp

7. MP(E)G in my own form...

8. MP 3 Audio Codec

9. Visio 2000 & Visio 2002 Differences

10. Difference between VB 6 & Vb.Net

11. Difference between QuickBasic 4.0 & 4.5

12. Difference between QB4.5 & QB4.0