Sprite problem
Author Message
 Sprite problem

I am attempting to code a routine to allow selection of a single sprite
object with the left mouse button and movement with the right button. That
part seems to work just fine. However, if I select a second sprite object
and attempt to move it to a different place, the first sprite begins to move
to the same spot on the screen. I know I'm missing something fundamental
here.

The sprites are held in an array and I iterate through the array to do such
things as determine if a sprite is selected or not, if it's moving or not,
if it's arrived at the destination, etc. But, it seems no matter how I try
to get one sprite to ignore the order to change movement without being
re-selected, I haven't hit on the solution. I appreciate any thoughts on the
subject.

I'm using DirectDraw, since this is a 2D environment. I'll be happy to send
the code to anyone who wants it.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Mon, 18 Apr 2005 19:12:55 GMT
 Sprite problem
Got it.

I had the placement of variable change commands done poorly.

So, now it does what I want it to do.

thanks.

Tue, 19 Apr 2005 19:29:32 GMT

1. Q: Algorithm - Multi Sprites problem

2. Question about a QBasic sprite problem....

3. Sprite problem with GeForce2

4. Off topic: Kind of game sprite problem

5. Sprite.Begin and Sprite.End

6. How to clear a sprite without clearing all the sprites from a picturebox

7. bitblt sprite animation problem.

8. Sprite graphic sample code with Visual Basic.Net standard

9. Simple sprite movement.

10. Sprite animation

11. A Cool Sprites Library?

12. How could I make a moving sprite that doesn't interfere with back ground