Questions about a chatting program using VB & DirectX8
Author Message
 Questions about a chatting program using VB & DirectX8

I had made program for transferring text and voice data
using DirectPlay. I had referred the samples of DirectX8.0
SDK. There was some problems in transferring voice and
video data using winsock, and so I am programming with VB
and DirectX.

I have tested in LAN(10/100Mbps) and Wireless(mobile phone-
tcp/ip, 9600bps) envirnments. However, one of computers
couldn't transmit the voice data for both my program and
SDK's sample. Transmission of text data is no problem... I
have changed the sound cards, but there is no use.

Here are my questions.

1. What is the reason that makes it impossible to transfer
voice data?

2. What is the way to transfer video data using pc
cameras? Is it possible to be connected as Client/Server
using directplay?

3. If it is impossible to have 9600bps with DirectX do I
have to use winsock?

Mon, 27 Dec 2004 08:56:41 GMT
 Questions about a chatting program using VB & DirectX8
Have you looked at the DirectX8.1 SDK,  It would seem that
DirectPlay Voice is what you are looking for.
Larry
Quote:

Tue, 28 Dec 2004 02:58:18 GMT
 Questions about a chatting program using VB & DirectX8

Fri, 19 Jun 1992 00:00:00 GMT
 Questions about a chatting program using VB & DirectX8
What is the way to transfer video data using pc
cameras? Is it possible to be connected as Client/Server
using directplay?

Sat, 01 Jan 2005 09:41:38 GMT

1. chat program using vb and directx 8.1

2. Programming Chat & Online Help

3. Beta Testing - Jes & Cyr Chat Program

4. Problems with Chat Program using Internet Control Pack

5. CHAT Program using HTTP port 80

6. Problem: Chat program using Winsock

7. Engineering & Scientific VB Programming Question

8. Chat program in VB for NT IIS Server (Needed)

9. chat programming with VB 5.0

10. VB Chat program

11. Make a CHAT program in VB?

12. *&*&*&* Date math question *&*&*&*