How do you make a triangle with no color?
Author Message
 How do you make a triangle with no color?

I want to make a shape with triangles and I don't want it to have color or
maybe I would just like to color the lines of the triangle.  Is there a RGB
combo for clear?

Thanks

Tue, 04 Jan 2005 05:07:30 GMT
 How do you make a triangle with no color?
perhaps just draw in wireframe?

--

Phil Taylor
PM : DirectX SDK, Managed DirectX, Windows XP Inbox 3D screensavers, and a

> I want to make a shape with triangles and I don't want it to have color or
> maybe I would just like to color the lines of the triangle.  Is there a
RGB
> combo for clear?

> Thanks

Tue, 04 Jan 2005 05:44:16 GMT
 How do you make a triangle with no color?
What I want to do is to show a wireframe object in my program and I wanted the
ability to cull the wires that were in the back.  I know renderstate has a
cull mode so I wanted to draw a shape with triangles to make use of the
culling feature.  Does cull only work with triangles?  I have never used lines
before, can they be culled?  When you said draw in wireframe, remember I am
novice, what did you mean.  I looked up wireframe on my sdk help and all it
said was the three modes that I can use for setrenderstate.  When I use the
wire frame mode, all I get is a black screen as if nothing was rendered.  So
what do you think?

says...

Quote:

>perhaps just draw in wireframe?

>--

>Phil Taylor
>PM : DirectX SDK, Managed DirectX, Windows XP Inbox 3D screensavers, and a
>few more bits and bobs.
>http://msdn.microsoft.com/directx

>> I want to make a shape with triangles and I don't want it to have color or
>> maybe I would just like to color the lines of the triangle.  Is there a
>RGB
>> combo for clear?

>> Thanks

Wed, 05 Jan 2005 03:38:21 GMT
 How do you make a triangle with no color?
Well I think I figured it out.  Putting it in wireframe mode does work.  I had
the background as black and couldn't see it that well.

Quote:

>What I want to do is to show a wireframe object in my program and I wanted
the
>ability to cull the wires that were in the back.  I know renderstate has a
>cull mode so I wanted to draw a shape with triangles to make use of the
>culling feature.  Does cull only work with triangles?  I have never used
lines
>before, can they be culled?  When you said draw in wireframe, remember I am
>novice, what did you mean.  I looked up wireframe on my sdk help and all it
>said was the three modes that I can use for setrenderstate.  When I use the
>wire frame mode, all I get is a black screen as if nothing was rendered.  So
>what do you think?

>says...

>>perhaps just draw in wireframe?

>>--

>>Phil Taylor
>>PM : DirectX SDK, Managed DirectX, Windows XP Inbox 3D screensavers, and a
>>few more bits and bobs.
>>http://msdn.microsoft.com/directx
>>This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

>>> I want to make a shape with triangles and I don't want it to have color or
>>> maybe I would just like to color the lines of the triangle.  Is there a
>>RGB
>>> combo for clear?

>>> Thanks

Wed, 05 Jan 2005 04:22:13 GMT

1. Color Filling a Triangle

2. Drawing a colored triangle

3. HELP: coloring triangles

4. Making sure VB program leaves memory when done.

5. Making data in variable a certain color, and printing a file

6. Making Command Buttons Change Color

7. Making color text

8. Calendar Control -- Making Individual days bold or colored

9. Making color text

10. Making color text

11. making a "color picker"