create fog on a stills picture
Author Message
 create fog on a stills picture

I have a real scanned picture of an outdoors  shooting range with mountains
in the back and target lanes from 25 to 250 meters. I also have for this
picture a mask picture specifying the distance of each pixel in the real
picture. the distance of a pixel is the RGB value of the pixel at the same
x,y on the mask. I am using DX8 and VB6 and writing my code based on the
donuts sample (all calculations are done by me)

I need to create fog for this picture. since I am not using the DX render
and light engines I can't use the built in fog effects. my question is how
can I create the fog by code?

--
Dan Avni
OfficeCore.com

Sun, 05 Oct 2003 16:29:44 GMT
 create fog on a stills picture
Stills picture?.. so you can made a "still fog" (some fog imagen using alpha
blend and color key)

Quote:
> I have a real scanned picture of an outdoors  shooting range with
mountains
> in the back and target lanes from 25 to 250 meters. I also have for this
> picture a mask picture specifying the distance of each pixel in the real
> picture. the distance of a pixel is the RGB value of the pixel at the same
> x,y on the mask. I am using DX8 and VB6 and writing my code based on the
> donuts sample (all calculations are done by me)

> I need to create fog for this picture. since I am not using the DX render
> and light engines I can't use the built in fog effects. my question is how
> can I create the fog by code?

> --
> Dan Avni
> OfficeCore.com

Mon, 06 Oct 2003 01:43:32 GMT
 create fog on a stills picture
Up to that I know. I was hoping for some more technical info on how to do
it? do I need to convert my stills picture to a similar one with fog? is
there a way to do it automatically? things like that

--
Dan Avni
OfficeCore.com

Quote:
> Stills picture?.. so you can made a "still fog" (some fog imagen using
alpha
> blend and color key)

> > I have a real scanned picture of an outdoors  shooting range with
> mountains
> > in the back and target lanes from 25 to 250 meters. I also have for this
> > picture a mask picture specifying the distance of each pixel in the real
> > picture. the distance of a pixel is the RGB value of the pixel at the
same
> > x,y on the mask. I am using DX8 and VB6 and writing my code based on the
> > donuts sample (all calculations are done by me)

> > I need to create fog for this picture. since I am not using the DX
render
> > and light engines I can't use the built in fog effects. my question is
how
> > can I create the fog by code?

> > --
> > Dan Avni
> > OfficeCore.com

Mon, 06 Oct 2003 15:43:46 GMT

1. Creating time-lapse AVI movie from SNAPPY stills?

2. Looking for tool to make AVI files from JPG stills

3. Fog Problems of certain view angles

4. Problem with Pixel Fog

5. Fog in VB DX8

6. Pulling PC Cam stills with an API

7. picture height is different from Picture.picture.height

8. picture height is different from Picture.picture.height

9. picture height is different from Picture.picture.height

10. picture height is different from Picture.picture.height

11. picture height is different from Picture.picture.height

12. Creating/Embedding Pictures/Images in RTF files