DirectX
Author Message
 DirectX

Why is it all my vb sample projects that uses directx don't run??

For my two computers. Neither one of em run.  Always with the automation
error message???

I check the references, its there.

So whats goin on?

I install the latest DirectX9a in one of em but it still have the errors.

Is this something thats going on that I am missing?

Please help

 Set D3D_Device = D3D_Main.CreateDeviceFromSurface("IID_IDirect3DHALDevice",
DD_Main, DS_Back, _
 D3DRMDEVICE_DEFAULT) 'Tell the Direct3D Device that we are using hardware
rendering (HALDevice) instead

Mon, 17 Oct 2005 13:54:57 GMT
 DirectX
Hi,

The most common untrapped error is about using a setting of 24 bits color depth. Try a setting with
16, or 32, not 24.

Hoping it may help,
Vanderghast, Access MVP

Quote:

> Why is it all my vb sample projects that uses directx don't run??

> For my two computers. Neither one of em run.  Always with the automation
> error message???

> I check the references, its there.

> So whats goin on?

> I install the latest DirectX9a in one of em but it still have the errors.

> Is this something thats going on that I am missing?

> Please help

>  Set D3D_Device = D3D_Main.CreateDeviceFromSurface("IID_IDirect3DHALDevice",
> DD_Main, DS_Back, _
>  D3DRMDEVICE_DEFAULT) 'Tell the Direct3D Device that we are using hardware
> rendering (HALDevice) instead

Tue, 18 Oct 2005 19:36:46 GMT
 DirectX
Run the DXDiag.exe and make sure that DirectX9 runs on your computer
properly.  Run the Video tests.

Quote:
> Hi,

> The most common untrapped error is about using a setting of 24 bits color

depth. Try a setting with
Quote:
> 16, or 32, not 24.

> Hoping it may help,
> Vanderghast, Access MVP

Quote:
> > Why is it all my vb sample projects that uses directx don't run??

> > For my two computers. Neither one of em run.  Always with the automation
> > error message???

> > I check the references, its there.

> > So whats goin on?

> > I install the latest DirectX9a in one of em but it still have the
errors.

> > Is this something thats going on that I am missing?

> > Please help

> >  Set D3D_Device =

D3D_Main.CreateDeviceFromSurface("IID_IDirect3DHALDevice",

> > DD_Main, DS_Back, _
> >  D3DRMDEVICE_DEFAULT) 'Tell the Direct3D Device that we are using
hardware
> > rendering (HALDevice) instead

Wed, 19 Oct 2005 02:08:37 GMT

1. Can a Form or 2nd DirectX app be show over top of DirectX App

2. I only downloaded th DirectX SDK which didn't contain documents on DirectX Media

3. DirectX 9.0A end-user runtime and Managed DirectX.

4. compatibility problem between directx 8 applications and directx 9...

5. Wav sound too delayed ?directx faster

6. VB.Net and DirectX 9: creating an event

7. DirectX 9 DirectMusic

8. DirectX 9 help... positioning objects

9. DirectX or OpenGL

10. DirectX 9.0. SDK (downloading right now)

11. Graphics: OpenGl or DirectX

12. DirectX and .NET