Wanted: The simplest direct x program that uses mesh.
Author Message
 Wanted: The simplest direct x program that uses mesh.

The dolphin program is too complicated for a novice and the documentation is
not very helpful.  If you have a very simple mesh program or know where one is
posted could you let me know.

Wed, 05 Jan 2005 03:18:57 GMT
 Wanted: The simplest direct x program that uses mesh.
several of my MSDN articles revolve around the Dolphin sample, so if you
havent looked at those articles you havent plumbed the available resources
yet.

and then there is SDK D3D Tutorial #6.

--
Phil Taylor
PM : DirectX SDK, Managed DirectX, Windows XP Inbox 3D screensavers, and a

> The dolphin program is too complicated for a novice and the documentation
is
> not very helpful.  If you have a very simple mesh program or know where
one is
> posted could you let me know.

---

Thu, 06 Jan 2005 02:59:48 GMT
 Wanted: The simplest direct x program that uses mesh.
Have you looked at www.directx4vb.com ? the have a good basic tutorial
on meshes.

Quote:
>The dolphin program is too complicated for a novice and the documentation is
>not very helpful.  If you have a very simple mesh program or know where one is
>posted could you let me know.

Thu, 06 Jan 2005 07:12:28 GMT
 Wanted: The simplest direct x program that uses mesh.
It looks like directx4vb will be helpful.  Thanks.  I haven't looked at the
articles that you have written (Philip Taylor).  I am new to directx.  Where
are the articles you wrote?

Quote:

>The dolphin program is too complicated for a novice and the documentation is
>not very helpful.  If you have a very simple mesh program or know where one
is
>posted could you let me know.

Fri, 07 Jan 2005 21:46:15 GMT
 Wanted: The simplest direct x program that uses mesh.
I thought they were great. Had me going in no time. I was lost using
C++. I have these 3D LCD shutter glasses and I've been writing my own
code to display object out in front of the monitor. Looks AWESOME!

Quote:
>It looks like directx4vb will be helpful.  Thanks.  I haven't looked at the
>articles that you have written (Philip Taylor).  I am new to directx.  Where
>are the articles you wrote?

>>The dolphin program is too complicated for a novice and the documentation is
>>not very helpful.  If you have a very simple mesh program or know where one
>is
>>posted could you let me know.

Fri, 07 Jan 2005 23:06:59 GMT
 Wanted: The simplest direct x program that uses mesh.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/directx.

you cant miss them.

--

Phil Taylor
PM : DirectX SDK, Managed DirectX, Windows XP Inbox 3D screensavers, and a
few more bits and bobs.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/directx

> It looks like directx4vb will be helpful.  Thanks.  I haven't looked at
the
> articles that you have written (Philip Taylor).  I am new to directx.
Where
> are the articles you wrote?

> >The dolphin program is too complicated for a novice and the documentation
is
> >not very helpful.  If you have a very simple mesh program or know where
one
> is
> >posted could you let me know.

Sat, 08 Jan 2005 03:28:40 GMT

1. Fast Fourier Transforms Simple program wanted.

2. Knowing program input while using Direct Draw 7.

3. Mesh Names or Mesh Subset Names

4. Mesh Picking, Boned Animation, Faked Meshes

5. Progressive meshes / Simplifying meshes

6. Simple program that uses MS Access

7. best way to animate a mesh using 3dsmax?

8. Using Mesh verses primitives

9. Using Mesh or not?

10. Rendering a mesh using DrawSubset, DrawPrimitive or Shader

11. Need help using the Mesh routines in D3DX

12. need help in simple program, very simple