help vsynch??
Author Message
 help vsynch??

hi im using vb6 and dx8.1 i want my screen to open with 640*480*16 in 60hz
fullscreen
D3DDISPLAYMODE im setting .RefreshRate = 60 and
using D3DSWAPEFFECT_COPY_VSYNC and it seems to ignore this because
the fps is 85 and not 60 how can this be??

Wed, 13 Oct 2004 08:27:11 GMT
 help vsynch??
Your standard windows refresh rate is probably 85 just leave out the VSYNC
command and see what happens.

Quote:
> hi im using vb6 and dx8.1 i want my screen to open with 640*480*16 in 60hz
> fullscreen
> D3DDISPLAYMODE im setting .RefreshRate = 60 and
> using D3DSWAPEFFECT_COPY_VSYNC and it seems to ignore this because
> the fps is 85 and not 60 how can this be??

Wed, 13 Oct 2004 11:03:06 GMT
 help vsynch??
You can only set the refresh rate at the time you create your device.  You
also need to ensure (by checking the caps) that the adapter supports the
requested refresh rate at the specified resolution.  Rather than using
D3DDISPLAYMODE (which is used with GetDisplayMode, not Set***), you need to
set your refresh rate in the D3DPRESENT_PARAMETERS structure.

--
Eric DeBrosse
http://www.blown.com/dx/

The opinions expressed in this message are my own personal views and
do not reflect the official views of Microsoft Corporation. The MVP program
does not constitute employment or contractual obligation with Microsoft.

Quote:
> hi im using vb6 and dx8.1 i want my screen to open with 640*480*16 in 60hz
> fullscreen
> D3DDISPLAYMODE im setting .RefreshRate = 60 and
> using D3DSWAPEFFECT_COPY_VSYNC and it seems to ignore this because
> the fps is 85 and not 60 how can this be??

Thu, 14 Oct 2004 12:00:30 GMT

1. help,help,help,help,help,help,help,help,help,help,help,help,help,

2. Help,Help,Help,Help,Help,Help,Help,Help,Help,Help,Help,Help,Help,Help,Help,Help,Help,Help,

3. Help, Help, Help, Help, Help, Help, Help, Help, Help, Help, Help, Help, Help, Help, Help, Help, Help,

4. HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELPHELP HELP HELPHELP HELP HELP

5. PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP,

6. HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HEL P HELP HE LP HELP HELP HEL P HELP HELP

7. Help Help Help Help Help Help !!!!!

8. HELP HELP HELP Set document name of print job from VB HELP HELP HELP

9. HELP HELP HELP Early Binding Excel 5.0 HELP HELP HELP

10. HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP

11. Help - Print - Help -Print - Help - Print - Help - Print - Help

12. help help help help help