mouse interface in DX9, info needed..
Author Message
 mouse interface in DX9, info needed..

Hi to all,
    I need to move a rectange in 3D coordinates (to be simple n keeping
aside the coplications of the program..) depending on the mouse-move...   i
have done this in DX8 but need to do in DX9.. ( + VB.net).  in DX8 i have
used DirectInput and event based method to capture the coordinated n
manipulate accordingly for my purpose..
    where can i get info about DirectInput of DX9 leaving aside the SDK
samples.. i tried stuff similar to the SDk sample but am having problems
with it...     any suggesions or reference to some source for using DI in
DX9 would be helpfull..

thanks a lot...
regards
Phalgun Babu

Mon, 02 Jan 2006 20:20:08 GMT
 mouse interface in DX9, info needed..

Quote:

> Hi to all,
>     I need to move a rectange in 3D coordinates (to be simple n keeping
> aside the coplications of the program..) depending on the mouse-move...   i
> have done this in DX8 but need to do in DX9.. ( + VB.net).  in DX8 i have
> used DirectInput and event based method to capture the coordinated n
> manipulate accordingly for my purpose..
>     where can i get info about DirectInput of DX9 leaving aside the SDK
> samples.. i tried stuff similar to the SDk sample but am having problems
> with it...     any suggesions or reference to some source for using DI in
> DX9 would be helpfull..

> thanks a lot...
> regards
> Phalgun Babu

 I believe if you run dxdiag from the control panel you will
probably find that dinput is still at 8. should be dated 2001.

Tue, 03 Jan 2006 07:58:06 GMT
 mouse interface in DX9, info needed..
DX9 DI has a new class system. In .Net everything's reorganised so its
easier to find because its categorised
Microsoft.DirectX.DirectInput

Quote:
> > Hi to all,
> >     I need to move a rectange in 3D coordinates (to be simple n keeping
> > aside the coplications of the program..) depending on the mouse-move...
> > have done this in DX8 but need to do in DX9.. ( + VB.net).  in DX8 i
have
> > used DirectInput and event based method to capture the coordinated n
> > manipulate accordingly for my purpose..
> >     where can i get info about DirectInput of DX9 leaving aside the SDK
> > samples.. i tried stuff similar to the SDk sample but am having problems
> > with it...     any suggesions or reference to some source for using DI
in
> > DX9 would be helpfull..

> > thanks a lot...
> > regards
> > Phalgun Babu

>  I believe if you run dxdiag from the control panel you will
> probably find that dinput is still at 8. should be dated 2001.

Wed, 04 Jan 2006 11:43:35 GMT

1. Need to retrieve network Interface info

2. Need help on Mouse Interface (DirectX8)

3. Need info about Mouse from PowerBASIC Users...

4. mouse interface program MOUSE.BAS

5. Need Performance info for Seagate Info

6. Looking for info GPIB cards and their BASIC interface

7. Anyone have info on Oracle Call Interface

8. Interface Info from ProgID / CLSID?

9. ocx interface info

10. ocx interface info

11. Mouse interface in 3D world ?