Problems with DX8 SDK installation 
Author Message
 Problems with DX8 SDK installation

I'm having trouble installing the DX8 SDK on Windows XP.
I run the installation program and afterwards, it asks me
to restart after which I get a blue screen that tells me
I need to update the BIOS (this is a new computer Athlon
XP 1800+) and disable video cache and shadow (which i've
done). I can only boot into xp using safe mode. I then
use the Restore utility to return to before the
installation.
Has anyone had this problem or know why this might be
happening? Are there any alternative apporaches that you
can suggest? It would really help a lot, thanks!


Tue, 05 Oct 2004 09:46:56 GMT  
 Problems with DX8 SDK installation
the 8.1 SDK or the 8.0 SDK?

DXDiag runs all tests on this machine prior to installing the SDK?

which options did you select when installing?

--
Phil Taylor
PM : DirectX SDK, Managed DirectX, WindowsXP Inbox 3D Screensavers, and a
few more bits and bobs
http://msdn.microsoft.com/directx
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.


Quote:
> I'm having trouble installing the DX8 SDK on Windows XP.
> I run the installation program and afterwards, it asks me
> to restart after which I get a blue screen that tells me
> I need to update the BIOS (this is a new computer Athlon
> XP 1800+) and disable video cache and shadow (which i've
> done). I can only boot into xp using safe mode. I then
> use the Restore utility to return to before the
> installation.
> Has anyone had this problem or know why this might be
> happening? Are there any alternative apporaches that you
> can suggest? It would really help a lot, thanks!



Tue, 05 Oct 2004 10:47:36 GMT  
 Problems with DX8 SDK installation
I installed DX 8.1 and I selected the debug version. Does
my graphics card have anything to do with the problem?

Quote:
>-----Original Message-----
>the 8.1 SDK or the 8.0 SDK?

>DXDiag runs all tests on this machine prior to
installing the SDK?

>which options did you select when installing?

>--
>Phil Taylor
>PM : DirectX SDK, Managed DirectX, WindowsXP Inbox 3D
Screensavers, and a
>few more bits and bobs
>http://msdn.microsoft.com/directx
>This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and
confers no rights.



>> I'm having trouble installing the DX8 SDK on Windows
XP.
>> I run the installation program and afterwards, it asks
me
>> to restart after which I get a blue screen that tells
me
>> I need to update the BIOS (this is a new computer
Athlon
>> XP 1800+) and disable video cache and shadow (which
i've
>> done). I can only boot into xp using safe mode. I then
>> use the Restore utility to return to before the
>> installation.
>> Has anyone had this problem or know why this might be
>> happening? Are there any alternative apporaches that
you
>> can suggest? It would really help a lot, thanks!

>.



Tue, 05 Oct 2004 15:54:33 GMT  
 Problems with DX8 SDK installation
unknown what the problem is at this time.

what graphics card, do the DXDiag tests work before the SDK install?

--
Phil Taylor
PM : DirectX SDK, Managed DirectX, Windows XP Inbox 3D screensavers, and a
few more bits and bobs.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/directx
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Quote:
> I installed DX 8.1 and I selected the debug version. Does
> my graphics card have anything to do with the problem?

> >-----Original Message-----
> >the 8.1 SDK or the 8.0 SDK?

> >DXDiag runs all tests on this machine prior to
> installing the SDK?

> >which options did you select when installing?

> >--
> >Phil Taylor
> >PM : DirectX SDK, Managed DirectX, WindowsXP Inbox 3D
> Screensavers, and a
> >few more bits and bobs
> >http://msdn.microsoft.com/directx
> >This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and
> confers no rights.



> >> I'm having trouble installing the DX8 SDK on Windows
> XP.
> >> I run the installation program and afterwards, it asks
> me
> >> to restart after which I get a blue screen that tells
> me
> >> I need to update the BIOS (this is a new computer
> Athlon
> >> XP 1800+) and disable video cache and shadow (which
> i've
> >> done). I can only boot into xp using safe mode. I then
> >> use the Restore utility to return to before the
> >> installation.
> >> Has anyone had this problem or know why this might be
> >> happening? Are there any alternative apporaches that
> you
> >> can suggest? It would really help a lot, thanks!

> >.



Tue, 05 Oct 2004 16:59:33 GMT  
 
 [ 4 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. Some problems DX8.0-DX8.1

2. SDK installation problem

3. eVT PPC2002 SDK installation problems

4. DirectX 9 SDK installation and VS.NET

5. directx9.0 sdk installation & visual c++ 6.0

6. PocketPC 2002 SDK installation..

7. DirectPlay problem using DX8

8. DX8 Code example problem?

9. DX8.1 & Visual Basic DirectSound Problem

10. DX8 problems with win98

11. Problems with DX8 D3D Samples

12. DX8 DirectPlay Problems

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software