Animated GIF's
Author Message
 Animated GIF's

Does anyone know where I can get an inexpensive OCX to animate GIF files in
a VB form?

Thanks

Brian

Wed, 06 Oct 2004 11:22:53 GMT
 Animated GIF's

Quote:
> Does anyone know where I can get an inexpensive OCX to animate GIF files
in
> a VB form?

It give some controls which can use animate GIF files but they are all
expensive. And the other opinions are not legal!

Wed, 06 Oct 2004 17:41:52 GMT
 Animated GIF's

www.asmincorp.com it's called dxgif control. But what do you mean by not
legal? Freeware is legal.

Brian

Quote:
> > Does anyone know where I can get an inexpensive OCX to animate GIF files
> in
> > a VB form?

> It give some controls which can use animate GIF files but they are all
> expensive. And the other opinions are not legal!

Wed, 06 Oct 2004 21:52:19 GMT
 Animated GIF's
I do not know this freeware control until now. Sorry!

Quote:

> www.asmincorp.com it's called dxgif control. But what do you mean by not
> legal? Freeware is legal.

> Brian

> > > Does anyone know where I can get an inexpensive OCX to animate GIF
files
> > in
> > > a VB form?

> > It give some controls which can use animate GIF files but they are all
> > expensive. And the other opinions are not legal!

Thu, 07 Oct 2004 17:39:56 GMT
 Animated GIF's

Quote:

> www.asmincorp.com it's called dxgif control. But what do you mean by not
> legal? Freeware is legal.

It's not legal unless they've paid for a LZW patent, if they had then I
doubt they'd be giving it away for free..  (The licence is prohibitively
expensive and Unisys are horribly picky about it, having already given many
companies/developers a hard time about it)

    Mike

 -- EDais --

 - Microsoft Visual Basic MVP -
WWW: Http://EDais.earlsoft.co.uk/