Chat Client/Server Module
Author Message
 Chat Client/Server Module

I want to write a chat-program, which can be always visible: on the
windows-desktop and also in DirectX-Games. And I want also to catch keys
pressed in the game. How can i do that, and is it possible to write in the
chatprogram WITHOUT minimizing the game???
Thx

Frederick K?mpfer

Sat, 02 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Chat Client/Server Module
Hi,

doing this without getting the focus could be somewhat tricky.
If the game uses the standart GUI mouseevents/ keys then you could hook onto
the program and check the window messages for keypresses, if the program
uses DirectInput my guess would be you can't get pressed keys.
You will also get problems to display anything if the application uses
exclusive DirectX fullscreen mode or direct video memory access...

Anyways this would need quite some hacks...

A.Nahr

Quote:
> I want to write a chat-program, which can be always visible: on the
> windows-desktop and also in DirectX-Games. And I want also to catch keys
> pressed in the game. How can i do that, and is it possible to write in the
> chatprogram WITHOUT minimizing the game???
> Thx

> Frederick K?mpfer

Sun, 03 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Uploaded Chat Client and Chat Server source for VB4 at www.ramgs.com/vbwinsock.html

2. Uploaded Chat Client and Chat Server source for VB4 at www.ramgs.com/vbwinsock.html

3. Chat. Server in VB, Client with J++

4. chat server & client

5. Help me with chat client/server

6. Writing an client/server chat with tcp/ip

7. looking for good chat or client-server examples...

8. Can I write a Chat Client with VB?

9. IRC Client chat

10. Starcraft Chat Client Code

11. chat client in vb4