DirectInput from .NETgives errors
Author Message
 DirectInput from .NETgives errors

I'm trying to write a simple test program in .NET framework to access
DirectInput8 via  interop.DxVBLibA. All I want to do is monitor the mouse
position using the DirectX event callback mechanism. The callback is called
but if I call GetDeviceData or GetDeviceStateMouse within this handler I get
COM exceptions: either ElementNotFound or QueryInterface failed.
       Does anyone know how to get this to work?

Thanks
Chris

Mon, 08 Nov 2004 01:55:37 GMT
 DirectInput from .NETgives errors
DX 9.0 will provide explicit support for .NET.

DX 8.1 has problems, and is basically unsupported.

--

Phil Taylor
PM : DirectX SDK, Managed DirectX, Windows XP Inbox 3D screensavers, and a

> I'm trying to write a simple test program in .NET framework to access
> DirectInput8 via  interop.DxVBLibA. All I want to do is monitor the mouse
> position using the DirectX event callback mechanism. The callback is
called
> but if I call GetDeviceData or GetDeviceStateMouse within this handler I
get
> COM exceptions: either ElementNotFound or QueryInterface failed.
>        Does anyone know how to get this to work?

> Thanks
> Chris

Mon, 08 Nov 2004 03:02:15 GMT

1. directinput in activex?

2. DirectX / DirectInput from VB

3. DirectInput

4. Making calls to DirectInput - question

5. DirectInput and Visual Basic 5.0

6. Can I use DirectInput in MDI Child..??

7. DirectInput keyboard combinations

8. question about directinput and dx9

9. Installing DirectInput

10. Send keys to DirectInput application

11. Directinput crashes my app on exit

12. DirectInput 8 Cooperative Level