Problems with the wireframe view
Author Message
 Problems with the wireframe view

I learned how to change the mode on drawing primitives so that they are wires
instead of solid triangles.  This totally screws up the computer.  When I zoom
or rotate it, all kinds of bad things happen.

Tue, 11 Jan 2005 00:29:00 GMT
 Problems with the wireframe view

Quote:
> I drew a cylinder using the sine and cosine functions. When I change the
> view by zooming in, crazy things start to happen.  My triangles disappear.

Could it be the camera (view point) is going inside the object, thus
clipping some of your polygons?  Is there some memory corruption going on
here?  Are non-managed objects being re-created after a device reset?

Quote:
>  So, I press stop and then restart the program.  When the program
restarts,
> the sceen is blank.  The triangles are still invisible.  This has been
happening
> to me alot with Visual Basic.  An error from a previous run of the program
> will effect the the future running of a program.  Of course if I restart
the
> computer, the program starts up as predicted.

Do the SDK samples exhibit his behavior?  If not, you should look to see how
they manage the D3D device and primitive calls.  Sounds as though you might
not be releasing all objects correctly, or resesting the device when needed.
You might also try using the debug runtime to see what information it
provides.  It may help solve your problem.

Quote:
> Also, sometimes my draw
> primitive function starts drawing at vertices 1 or 0 depending on how it
> feels.  It is true.  Have you guys encountered these problems?

Not really.

Quote:
> I learned how to change the mode on drawing primitives so that they are
wires
> instead of solid triangles.  This totally screws up the computer.  When I
zoom
> or rotate it, all kinds of bad things happen.

Just changing the render state to wireframe mode shouldn't cause things to
go crazy.

--
Eric DeBrosse
http://www.mvps.org/vbdx/

The opinions expressed in this message are my own personal views and
do not reflect the official views of Microsoft Corporation. The MVP program
does not constitute employment or contractual obligation with Microsoft.

Tue, 11 Jan 2005 10:46:47 GMT

1. 3D wireframe viewer problem

2. 3d wireframe maze

3. WireFrame on X File

4. Wireframe objects...

5. Trying to create a poormans wireframe

6. outlook view control and views/filters

7. Single View vs Continious View

8. Setting Properties - Design View vs Form View

9. Switching between procedure view and the active module view

10. Changing the calendar view in a Outlook view control

11. View hidden messages to create views?

12. Change view in Outlook View Control (OVC)