Directx 9a uninstall ??
Author Message
 Directx 9a uninstall ??

Since I installed directx 9a, all my games ceases working.

My video card drivers are all up to date so that's not the
problem.
(geforce4 mx-440 64 meg)

I'm running under win98 and I wish I could uninstall this
version and recover my old one (directx 8) that worked
perfectly.

How can I do that and is it possible?

Sun, 11 Dec 2005 08:14:34 GMT
 Directx 9a uninstall ??
Dude..

There r two part to this..
1.    If u download the directx8 installable file form msn website n install
it, according to me it will overwrite the registry and work with directx8
components. Though im not sure as i havent tried it, but its worth trying.
Nothing to loose anyway..

2. Pray n hope it works..  :)

Phalgun

Quote:
> Since I installed directx 9a, all my games ceases working.

> My video card drivers are all up to date so that's not the
> problem.
> (geforce4 mx-440 64 meg)

> I'm running under win98 and I wish I could uninstall this
> version and recover my old one (directx 8) that worked
> perfectly.

> How can I do that and is it possible?

Sun, 11 Dec 2005 13:10:54 GMT
 Directx 9a uninstall ??
Previous versions of DirectX will not override new ones. You can edit the
registry manually to fake DirectX 7 or something then install DX8.

To try and salvage DX9, reinstall the drivers then DX9 and see if it makes a
difference. If you got a driver disk with your card try using that. I was
using 42.** then I tried the 43.03 but the computer kept failing so I
installed the drivers from the CD (version 40.**) but it hasn't failed since

Quote:
> Dude..

> There r two part to this..
> 1.    If u download the directx8 installable file form msn website n
install
> it, according to me it will overwrite the registry and work with directx8
> components. Though im not sure as i havent tried it, but its worth trying.
> Nothing to loose anyway..

> 2. Pray n hope it works..  :)

> Phalgun

> > Since I installed directx 9a, all my games ceases working.

> > My video card drivers are all up to date so that's not the
> > problem.
> > (geforce4 mx-440 64 meg)

> > I'm running under win98 and I wish I could uninstall this
> > version and recover my old one (directx 8) that worked
> > perfectly.

> > How can I do that and is it possible?

Mon, 12 Dec 2005 19:42:11 GMT

1. DirectX 9a download

2. DirectX 9a Windows XP installation

3. Uninstall DirectX

4. uninstall directX 8

5. VB.Net Uninstall - Uninstalls Office?

6. Survey 9a: Style: For/Next

7. Can a Form or 2nd DirectX app be show over top of DirectX App

8. I only downloaded th DirectX SDK which didn't contain documents on DirectX Media

9. Cannot Uninstall Office XP Developer

10. Uninstall Access 2000 Runtime

11. uninstalling O97 and O95

12. Uninstall Office XP Developer