Sampling Mic frequency with DirectX
Author Message
 Sampling Mic frequency with DirectX

Hello all,
    I'm new to directx, but I have a project where I need to sample the
frequency of the sound coming into the microphone of  a sound card.  I was
hoping there was a way with DirectSound to just sample for the frequency w/o
saving anything to a file.  Does anyone know how to do this, or where to
look for resources specific to this type of thing?

Thanks
    Lance

Mon, 17 Oct 2005 09:52:34 GMT
 Sampling Mic frequency with DirectX
Hello,
My name is Marion and I am a French student. Did you
managed to record wav file at different sampling rate
(different from 11025,22050,44100Hz) and compressed ?
(8kHz u-law for example) Thanks a lot for your help

Quote:

Sat, 22 Oct 2005 21:44:23 GMT
 Sampling Mic frequency with DirectX
I have been able to record a wav to a file, using some sample apps that I
found, but I have not been able to figure out how to analyze the sound w/o
recording to a file,  I have found several 3rd party applications that seem
to be able to do what I need, but I haven't had the time to delve into them
just yet.  The best one so far is at  www.xfx.net it's inexpensive, and
seems to be quite robust.

Lance

Hello,
My name is Marion and I am a French student. Did you
managed to record wav file at different sampling rate
(different from 11025,22050,44100Hz) and compressed ?
(8kHz u-law for example) Thanks a lot for your help

Quote:

Sat, 22 Oct 2005 23:53:26 GMT

1. SOUNDCARD MIC FREQUENCY DETECTION USING VB OR C++

2. Sampling from a Sound Card Mic.

3. DirectX samples out there?

4. New VB Samples, Internet Client/Server, DirectX, Others

5. New VB Samples (Client/Server, Internet , DirectX, Others)

6. DirectX samples, tutorials ???

7. ActiveMovie Problem (even in DirectX SDK sample)

8. New VB Samples (Client/Server, Internet , DirectX, Others)

9. New VB Samples, Internet Client/Server, DirectX, Others

10. DirectX 9.0 samples in VB.Net and C# don′t compile

11. DirectX SDK Samples.

12. Directx sdk samples