DirectX Loop
Author Message
 DirectX Loop

I'm using direct input and direct play only.
The rest of my graphics are picturebox and some other
controlls.

Is there a way not doing the infinit loop. This loop take
all the cpu resources and my project is working very
slowly.

Thanks.

Sat, 10 Sep 2005 00:33:58 GMT
 DirectX Loop
you can use a timer with a very small interval instead of a loop,
or you can place 'doevents' in your loop.

--

Erik

Quote:
> I'm using direct input and direct play only.
> The rest of my graphics are picturebox and some other
> controlls.

> Is there a way not doing the infinit loop. This loop take
> all the cpu resources and my project is working very
> slowly.

> Thanks.

Sat, 10 Sep 2005 02:19:20 GMT
 DirectX Loop
Hi,

Add a DoEvents in the loop?

Hoping it may help,
Vanderghast, Access MVP

Quote:

> I'm using direct input and direct play only.
> The rest of my graphics are picturebox and some other
> controlls.

> Is there a way not doing the infinit loop. This loop take
> all the cpu resources and my project is working very
> slowly.

> Thanks.

Sat, 10 Sep 2005 01:54:29 GMT
 DirectX Loop
You could also have your scene render function fire off of the
PictureBox_Paint event.
And force a repaint anytime something in the scene changes that requires a
repaint.

Quote:
> I'm using direct input and direct play only.
> The rest of my graphics are picturebox and some other
> controlls.

> Is there a way not doing the infinit loop. This loop take
> all the cpu resources and my project is working very
> slowly.

> Thanks.

Sat, 10 Sep 2005 05:35:43 GMT

1. Can a Form or 2nd DirectX app be show over top of DirectX App

2. I only downloaded th DirectX SDK which didn't contain documents on DirectX Media

3. Loop within a loop

4. loop de loop

5. NEWBIE HELP - Do-loop while loop

6. Exiting loops and for/next loops

7. my loop doesn't loop!

8. do ... loop looping

9. DO..LOOP usage - aborting a nested loops cleanly

10. Do While Loop thats gives Loop without DO message

11. DirectX 9.0A end-user runtime and Managed DirectX.

12. compatibility problem between directx 8 applications and directx 9...