grrr... animations
Author Message
 grrr... animations

For the life of me I cannot figure these out.

I have an .x file that has animations in a similar set up
as that of the skinned mesh example but when I try and use
this object instead of the tiny.x object the program
reports a division by zero and when I cater for them it
still doesn't show.

Has anyone got a simple bit of code that will work on
any .x they have so that I can see a general idea of how
to get these animations working as the skinned mesh
example seems to be of no real use to me.

I've managed to extract the relevant animation keys but
now can't really see how I implement them as the skinned
mesh jumps all over the show instead of going straight to
the point.

Is it simply the case of storing each key in an element of
an array which itself is held within another array of
animations which again is held within an array of
animationsets ?  And then what, how do we let the system
know which animation to play?

I have rotate and position keys.  How do these get set up
(simply please) so that the next render would shift on to
the next frame.

Thanks in advance for any help

Fri, 12 Nov 2004 07:29:01 GMT
 grrr... animations
Hi, Tina

This is  not a managed newsgroup.  If you are looking for a Microsoft
response, you should post in microsoft.public.win32.programmer.directx.

HTH,

John Eikanger
Microsoft Visual Basic Developer Support

(c) 2002 Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.
--------------------

| Subject: grrr... animations
| Date: Sun, 26 May 2002 16:29:01 -0700
|
| For the life of me I cannot figure these out.
|
| I have an .x file that has animations in a similar set up
| as that of the skinned mesh example but when I try and use
| this object instead of the tiny.x object the program
| reports a division by zero and when I cater for them it
| still doesn't show.
|
| Has anyone got a simple bit of code that will work on
| any .x they have so that I can see a general idea of how
| to get these animations working as the skinned mesh
| example seems to be of no real use to me.
|
| I've managed to extract the relevant animation keys but
| now can't really see how I implement them as the skinned
| mesh jumps all over the show instead of going straight to
| the point.
|
| Is it simply the case of storing each key in an element of
| an array which itself is held within another array of
| animations which again is held within an array of
| animationsets ?  And then what, how do we let the system
| know which animation to play?
|
| I have rotate and position keys.  How do these get set up
| (simply please) so that the next render would shift on to
| the next frame.
|
| Thanks in advance for any help

Sun, 14 Nov 2004 06:52:32 GMT
 grrr... animations
There is also an AnimKeys sample that could be easier to use as a basis...
DX9 should provide more support for animations according to
http://msdn.microsoft.com/directx slides...

Patrice

Quote:
> For the life of me I cannot figure these out.

> I have an .x file that has animations in a similar set up
> as that of the skinned mesh example but when I try and use
> this object instead of the tiny.x object the program
> reports a division by zero and when I cater for them it
> still doesn't show.

> Has anyone got a simple bit of code that will work on
> any .x they have so that I can see a general idea of how
> to get these animations working as the skinned mesh
> example seems to be of no real use to me.

> I've managed to extract the relevant animation keys but
> now can't really see how I implement them as the skinned
> mesh jumps all over the show instead of going straight to
> the point.

> Is it simply the case of storing each key in an element of
> an array which itself is held within another array of
> animations which again is held within an array of
> animationsets ?  And then what, how do we let the system
> know which animation to play?

> I have rotate and position keys.  How do these get set up
> (simply please) so that the next render would shift on to
> the next frame.

> Thanks in advance for any help

Sun, 14 Nov 2004 15:53:19 GMT
 grrr... animations

Thanks Patrice.

AnimKeys is working better than SkinnedMesh.. as in other
objects show up.  However, not all of the parts are
there.  Also, I was hoping to avoid using the classes they
set up and gradually learn it by building it up myself.
Hopefully a play about with AnimKeys will help me figure
out why it isn't quite working.. I hope!!

Quote:

Sun, 14 Nov 2004 17:11:30 GMT

1. RectToClient - Grrr

2. grrr...createmailslot...aaahhhh!!!

3. Animations in VB

4. ANIMATIONS IN QBASIC AND CHARACHTER DETECTION.

5. ANIMATIONS IN QBASIC AND CHARACHTER DETECTION.

6. gif animations in qb45

7. animations in Basic?

8. Display GIF animations?

9. OCX/16 for pictures, sounds, animations, videos

10. ANIMATIONS WITH GIF'S FORMAT

11. simple animations with code...not doing what they should

12. GIF Animations and Screen Savers