d3daux in dotnet
Author Message
 d3daux in dotnet

Hi,

i'm using vb.net and try to learn directx. i'm following the sdk tutorials
but i have problems finding functions

i can't find the d3daux module and the d3dvertexbuffer8setdata function in
there.

i use the DxVBLibA reference and it seems to be missing some functions. the
same reference in vb6 works fine.

any body can help?

thanks

Orlando

Sun, 12 Sep 2004 20:06:09 GMT
 d3daux in dotnet
You need to explicitly define the D3DX functions in you VB.NET app like
this (Watch for line wrapping)

   <DllImport("DX8VB.DLL", EntryPoint:="VB_D3DXMatrixIdentity",
SetLastError:=True, CharSet:=CharSet.Unicode, ExactSpelling:=True,
CallingConvention:=CallingConvention.StdCall)> _
   Public Shared Sub D3DXMatrixIdentity(ByRef mat As D3DMATRIX)
      ' Leave function empty - DLLImport attribute forces calls to be
forwarded
   End Sub

I hope this helps..........Wayne

"Recycling electrons into words since 1996."
Visit www.JustPC.com for details about my Visual Basic books, including
my newest: Windows Game Programming With Visual Basic and DirectX,
and the ASP.NET Database Programming Bible. Subscribe to the JustPC
Developer's Journal - a free email newsletter for Visual Basic programmers

Quote:
> Hi,

> i'm using vb.net and try to learn directx. i'm following the sdk
tutorials
> but i have problems finding functions

> i can't find the d3daux module and the d3dvertexbuffer8setdata function
in
> there.

> i use the DxVBLibA reference and it seems to be missing some functions.
the
> same reference in vb6 works fine.

> any body can help?

> thanks

> Orlando

Sun, 12 Sep 2004 22:33:47 GMT

1. What's the difference between it.dotnet.beta.vb and dotnet.languages.vb?

2. Problem Referencing dotnet assembly from VBA

3. Problems with VS dotNET

4. Visio COM-DotNet Compatibility Issue

5. vb dotNet Learning Edition on XP Home Edition??

6. Dotnet - Toolbar disappearing on form load ???

7. Dotnet - Double buffering, GDI+ - confused ...

8. how to use dotnet component in vb6 or asp

9. GPRS with VB DotNET

10. test for dotnet framework if installed 1.1

11. Dotnet Bar

12. The ServicedComponent being invoked is not correctly configured : COM+, DOTNET, VB