DrawIndexedPrimitive
Author Message
 DrawIndexedPrimitive

I am pretty new to Directx programming, but I saw the
recommendation of the web site directx4vb.com and I took a
look.  I have to say that the web site is great, and I
learned a great deal from it.

However, I can't get any of the sample programs to work
that use the DrawIndexedPrimitive command.  I am using the
Directx 8.1 SDK with VB 6.0 SP5.  Whenever that method is
called I get an invalid method use error.  Has anyone used
these tutorials before?  I am at a loss, and I can't seem
to e-mail the author of the web site.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jason

Fri, 22 Jul 2005 20:16:18 GMT
 DrawIndexedPrimitive
Perhaps your graphics card is too old, my gfx card does only support 16bit
indicies (integer), I'm sure that's the reason why the samples don't work.
you should simply try to change the index array to integer instead of long
and create the Index buffer with D3DFMT_INDEX16

btw, Where could I get SP5 for VB? Does the ServicePack change something on
the compiler or the IDE?

Quote:
> I am pretty new to Directx programming, but I saw the
> recommendation of the web site directx4vb.com and I took a
> look.  I have to say that the web site is great, and I
> learned a great deal from it.

> However, I can't get any of the sample programs to work
> that use the DrawIndexedPrimitive command.  I am using the
> Directx 8.1 SDK with VB 6.0 SP5.  Whenever that method is
> called I get an invalid method use error.  Has anyone used
> these tutorials before?  I am at a loss, and I can't seem
> to e-mail the author of the web site.

> Any help would be greatly appreciated.

> Jason

Sun, 24 Jul 2005 22:13:47 GMT
 DrawIndexedPrimitive
I almost forgot, SP5 is available on the microsoft
website.  It mostly updates database and server stuff,
not really necessary for games.

Quote:

Wed, 27 Jul 2005 04:37:06 GMT
 DrawIndexedPrimitive
Hmm, the sample worked very fine on my PC, I really don't know why it
doesn't work on your pc :(

I really wonder how professional game programmers could manage to get there
game running on nearly every PC if even something simple like this doesn't
work on all PCs :/

Quote:
> I almost forgot, SP5 is available on the microsoft
> website.  It mostly updates database and server stuff,
> not really necessary for games.

Fri, 05 Aug 2005 03:32:00 GMT

1. D3DDevice.DrawIndexedPrimitive

2. Something wrong with DrawIndexedPrimitive?

3. Newbie: Automation error when calling "D3DDevice.DrawIndexedPrimitive"