BitBlt wont work on a DirectX Render
Author Message
 BitBlt wont work on a DirectX Render

I just came to the conclusion that BitBlt dosen't work on a render. Its
quite obvious (now) that DirectX must output to the screen far behind the
scenes, before the picture box even knows its changed... (I think)

I had planned on having a 3D render of my object put first, then some API
Line & Pset calls (for the graph I am making), then BitBlt the whole thing
from a Buffer to the final Picture Box...

Would my only solution thus to be: rewrite all my Calls to Pset & Line as
DirectX Transformed equivalents?

Thus: Pset = d3d.DrawPrimitiveUP D3D_POINTLIST, ...

Thankyou for all help received in the past couple days!

Thu, 02 Dec 2004 04:46:22 GMT
 BitBlt wont work on a DirectX Render
correct with the DX 8 interfaces you cannot get a DC on a DX 8 surface and
so there is no GDI interop.

with the DX 7 interfaces you can do this.

DX 9.0 will see the return of surface->GetDC.

--

Phil Taylor
PM : DirectX SDK, Managed DirectX, Windows XP Inbox 3D screensavers, and a

> I just came to the conclusion that BitBlt dosen't work on a render. Its
> quite obvious (now) that DirectX must output to the screen far behind the
> scenes, before the picture box even knows its changed... (I think)

> I had planned on having a 3D render of my object put first, then some API
> Line & Pset calls (for the graph I am making), then BitBlt the whole thing
> from a Buffer to the final Picture Box...

> Would my only solution thus to be: rewrite all my Calls to Pset & Line as
> DirectX Transformed equivalents?

> Thus: Pset = d3d.DrawPrimitiveUP D3D_POINTLIST, ...

> Thankyou for all help received in the past couple days!

Sun, 05 Dec 2004 06:51:35 GMT

1. DirectX vs. BitBlt

2. Multiple Render View: Won't Work

3. Random query wont work in ASP

4. KB Q278379 ActiveX DLL method wont work on a Form with a subform

5. "currentdb.name" wont work for me

6. Highlighting text - wont work in Word2000

7. why wont this work ???

8. Merge wont work???

9. why wont scripting work?

10. why wont this work?