scale and translate
Author Message
 scale and translate

OK, I know that this will identify me as a beginner but I don't care.

This is in Vb.NET DX9

Dim myMatrix AS Matrix

<I am simplifying quite a bit here>

I do
 myMatrix.Translate(vecMove)

Then

myMatrix .Scale(vecSize)

<Only scales it>

OR

I do
myMatrix .Scale(vecSize)
Then
myMatrix .Translate(vecMove)

<Only translates it>

Only the one that comes last in the code is applied!!!
I want to do both.
Help a newbie out please.

Thanks.

Sat, 24 Dec 2005 10:49:31 GMT
 scale and translate
Translate and Scale, etc., are kind of "assignment" methods. They assign
the corresponding transform to the Matrix object.

You can use the Matrix.Multiply method to combine multiple transforms into
one Matrix. See
<http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/cpref/html/frlrfSystemDrawing...
g2DMatrixClassMultiplyTopic.asp> for some sample code.

Regards,
Xin

You assume all risk for your use. (c) 2003 Microsoft Corporation. All
rights reserved.

Sun, 25 Dec 2005 15:16:44 GMT
 scale and translate
Very Nice, Xin
That is just what I needed.

Quote:
> Translate and Scale, etc., are kind of "assignment" methods. They assign
> the corresponding transform to the Matrix object.

> You can use the Matrix.Multiply method to combine multiple transforms into
> one Matrix. See

<http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/cpref/html/frlrfSystemDrawing...
Quote:
> g2DMatrixClassMultiplyTopic.asp> for some sample code.

> Regards,
> Xin

rights.
> You assume all risk for your use. (c) 2003 Microsoft Corporation. All
> rights reserved.

Sun, 25 Dec 2005 23:22:26 GMT

1. Translating Code from 2000 to 2002

2. Translates name of month in Papiamentu

3. Translates Day of week in Papiamentu

4. Translates Date in Papiamentu

5. Need help translating

6. What is least verbose way to translate boolean expression

7. translating numbers into text

8. Translate global address book

9. Translates name of month in Papiamentu (Language on Aruba, Bonaire and Curacao)

10. Translates Day of week in Papiamentu (Language on Aruba, Bonaire and Curacao)

11. after comma translate

12. Translate golobal address book