Vector question
Author Message
 Vector question

What formula/function do I use to update a vector to reflect the difference
between two other vectors?
I am moving a point across/above a face, and when entering a new face
(tested using Intersect) i want to update the direction-vector of the point
to reflect the difference between the normals of the two faces (in order to
get my point to maintain a fixed path, parallel to the faces it passes).
These two face-normals I calculate by averaging (+normalizing) the normals
of the face's 3 vector-normals (by the way, is this the correct way to do
that?)
Thanks for helping (and please forgive my poor math)....
Jakob

Mon, 18 Apr 2005 06:39:01 GMT

1. Mathematical: Does a vector cross an area

2. Putting Vector Graphics Into The Clipboard

3. Array / vectors

4. Looking for Vector Output Source Code

5. Vector Graphics Getting Started.

6. Vector Graphics Getting Started.

7. laserjet vector graphics bug?

8. vector-drawing-app

9. Vectors and stuff...

10. 3D vector programming - scaling & resolution

11. Interrupt vectors

12. Vectors and other strange 3D things