Black border around video, Video Decoders in VB
Author Message
 Black border around video, Video Decoders in VB

I have a couple of video projects on the go, and they seem to behave
differently on different machines with different video decoders. I'm
working with MPEG-2 videos. On the machines that use Main Concept MPEG
Decoder, the videos are fullscreen and take up the whole screen, which
is what i want. On the machines that use InterVideo Video Decoder
(WinDVD) the videos that are being played fullscreen have quite a
large black border around the videos.

I have used DirectX and MCI with scaling and fullscreen functionality
and they all seem to do the same thing with the InterVideo Video
decoder.

Is there anyway to make them behave in the same manner preferably
using as much of the screen as possible?

Thanks for any help.

Sat, 24 Dec 2005 01:45:23 GMT
 Black border around video, Video Decoders in VB
Look for keep (or preserve) aspect ratio.

A.

Quote:
> I have a couple of video projects on the go, and they seem to behave
> differently on different machines with different video decoders. I'm
> working with MPEG-2 videos. On the machines that use Main Concept MPEG
> Decoder, the videos are fullscreen and take up the whole screen, which
> is what i want. On the machines that use InterVideo Video Decoder
> (WinDVD) the videos that are being played fullscreen have quite a
> large black border around the videos.

> I have used DirectX and MCI with scaling and fullscreen functionality
> and they all seem to do the same thing with the InterVideo Video
> decoder.

> Is there anyway to make them behave in the same manner preferably
> using as much of the screen as possible?

> Thanks for any help.

Wed, 04 Jan 2006 22:20:24 GMT

1. Video Decoder (H263)

2. Viewing video (from Video capture device) in VB

3. Surround Video ActiveX control (Black Diamond)

4. video realtime and video delay

5. video capture using video for windows?

6. Showing video from TV/Video adapter in VB5

7. interactive display of video from my video capturing card

8. Video, playing mpeg's and changing video height

9. Video capture and Sream Video

10. Problems using Video For Windows With USB Video Cameras

11. VB video tapes to learn VB????