DirectX installed and version check
Author Message
 DirectX installed and version check

Need a clean, simple way to check to see if DirectX is
installed, and if so, what version is installed.  The 40
or so files used by various versions of DirectX have
mismatched major/minor versions. Is the version of
directx.cpl realiable?  How does it's version 4.x.x.x map
to DirectX <ver>?

Sun, 06 Nov 2005 06:56:48 GMT
 DirectX installed and version check
Start>Run
dxdiag

The tool will tell you of incorrect versions and/or missing files

Quote:
> Need a clean, simple way to check to see if DirectX is
> installed, and if so, what version is installed.  The 40
> or so files used by various versions of DirectX have
> mismatched major/minor versions. Is the version of
> directx.cpl realiable?  How does it's version 4.x.x.x map
> to DirectX <ver>?

Sun, 06 Nov 2005 14:03:32 GMT
 DirectX installed and version check
Thanks - am aware of dxdiag, but I need to check the
version using my own code.  Probably the best way is to
simply check the registry
(HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\DirectX\Version

Quote:

Mon, 07 Nov 2005 00:30:55 GMT
 DirectX installed and version check
see the SDK sample in the Misc folder, getver. thats the best way to check.

Quote:
> Thanks - am aware of dxdiag, but I need to check the
> version using my own code.  Probably the best way is to
> simply check the registry
> (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\DirectX\Version

Mon, 07 Nov 2005 00:47:09 GMT

1. Check if directx is installed.

2. Check installed access version

3. Older version of MDAC installed on a pc with a newer version

4. Older version of MDAC installed over a newer version

5. Older version of MDAC installed on a pc with a newer version

6. Will Ado 2.5 Install if Higher version installed!

7. Unable to install DirectX 9

8. Cant install directx 8.1

9. problems installing directx 8.1

10. DirectX 8.1 versions listed