DirectX back compability
Author Message
 DirectX back compability

Hello, I'm just starting a project in VB that will require
the use of DirectX for graphics and sound. It will only
inlcude 2D graphics, which is why I'm wondering wether it
would be downright foolish to stick with DX7 for it's
DirectDraw, rather than using DX8 ? Will my DX7
application work with a computer that only has DX8 or DX9
installed?

/Sven J

Sun, 05 Dec 2004 23:18:15 GMT
 DirectX back compability
the DX runtime includes the old interfaces, so this is not a problem.

--
Phil Taylor
PM : DirectX SDK, Managed DirectX, Windows XP Inbox 3D screensavers, and a

> Hello, I'm just starting a project in VB that will require
> the use of DirectX for graphics and sound. It will only
> inlcude 2D graphics, which is why I'm wondering wether it
> would be downright foolish to stick with DX7 for it's
> DirectDraw, rather than using DX8 ? Will my DX7
> application work with a computer that only has DX8 or DX9
> installed?

> /Sven J

Sun, 05 Dec 2004 23:50:28 GMT

1. DirectX and back compability

2. Validation control-browser compability?

3. Compability

4. Windows 98 and Windows NT compability with snap-in for MMC

5. Help! Problems after breaking compability

6. Compability

7. Can a Form or 2nd DirectX app be show over top of DirectX App

8. I only downloaded th DirectX SDK which didn't contain documents on DirectX Media

9. Dll Version ComPaTiBiLiTy - No compability, Project-, Binary-

10. Binary compability

11. Back to back Excel & Word VBA macros

12. Link back from a URL without pressing BACK button