Direct Input problem
Author Message
 Direct Input problem

Hi everybody !

I'm a french student & I need help because I can't get
force feedback work with VB6.

   Set Effet = periph.CreateEffect("GUID_ConstantForce",
Effort)

doesn't work (Error '5').

Please, can you help me ?

Fri, 26 Nov 2004 07:28:14 GMT
 Direct Input problem
It looks lie your error 5 is a DirectInput error, quite possibly
DIERR_OTHERAPPHASPRIO, or more specifically, another app has a higher
priority level.  Did you aquire your device in exclusive mode?  This is
required to actually download effects to your controller.

hth

--
Eric DeBrosse
http://www.mvps.org/vbdx/

The opinions expressed in this message are my own personal views and
do not reflect the official views of Microsoft Corporation. The MVP program
does not constitute employment or contractual obligation with Microsoft.

Quote:
> Hi everybody !

> I'm a french student & I need help because I can't get
> force feedback work with VB6.

>    Set Effet = periph.CreateEffect("GUID_ConstantForce",
> Effort)

> doesn't work (Error '5').

> Please, can you help me ?

Sun, 28 Nov 2004 04:58:07 GMT
 Direct Input problem
I've acquired my device in exclusive mode (exclusive or
foreground).
I'm using a thrustmaster wheel. Does it care ?

Quote:

message

>> Hi everybody !

>> I'm a french student & I need help because I can't get
>> force feedback work with VB6.

>>    Set Effet = periph.CreateEffect

("GUID_ConstantForce",

>> Effort)

>> doesn't work (Error '5').

>> Please, can you help me ?

>.

Sun, 28 Nov 2004 06:59:32 GMT

1. Detecting Duplicate Entries On Direct Input

2. direct input vs BCP

3. Direct Input in VB 5 from Soundblaster live

4. Shell and re-directed input

5. getting a direct input from excel table

6. Direct Input : Action Mapper

7. direct input error

8. Knowing program input while using Direct Draw 7.

9. Direct Input :: Foot Pedal Axis question

10. direct input

11. Direct Input, Monitoring Inactivity

12. direct input