VB6, DX8.1, & ConvertToBlendedMesh
Author Message
 VB6, DX8.1, & ConvertToBlendedMesh

Here is the Definition in the Docs and the
Sample "SkinnedMesh" follows this definition

object.ConvertToBlendedMesh( _
    Options As Long, _
    AdjacencyIn As Any, _
    AdjacencyOut As Any, _
    RetNumBoneCombinations As Long, _
    RetBoneCombinationTable As D3DXBuffer) As D3DXMesh

But when I run this sample, I get  this error
message "Argument not Optional"

Using intellisense it shows to additional arguments
PFaceremap as any
Vertexremap as D3DXBuffer

Does anyone have any documentation on this? I haven't been
able to locate any

Thanks
Scott Watson

Thu, 14 Oct 2004 18:53:55 GMT
 VB6, DX8.1, & ConvertToBlendedMesh
The 8.1 SDK that I'm looking at does in fact mention all 7 parameters in the
docs.  The SkinnedMesh sample is also a good sample to look at the
implementation.  But the sample code in the docs, does leave out the last
two parameters.  This is probably left over from the 8.0 docs, where these
parameters were not part of the function.

Is the SkinnedMesh sample you are trying to compile from the 8.0 SDK?  It
sounds like you are referencing the 8.1 type library for VB in your project.

--
Eric DeBrosse
http://www.blown.com/dx/

The opinions expressed in this message are my own personal views and
do not reflect the official views of Microsoft Corporation. The MVP program
does not constitute employment or contractual obligation with Microsoft.

Quote:
> Here is the Definition in the Docs and the
> Sample "SkinnedMesh" follows this definition

> object.ConvertToBlendedMesh( _
>     Options As Long, _
>     AdjacencyIn As Any, _
>     AdjacencyOut As Any, _
>     RetNumBoneCombinations As Long, _
>     RetBoneCombinationTable As D3DXBuffer) As D3DXMesh

> But when I run this sample, I get  this error
> message "Argument not Optional"

> Using intellisense it shows to additional arguments
> PFaceremap as any
> Vertexremap as D3DXBuffer

> Does anyone have any documentation on this? I haven't been
> able to locate any

> Thanks
> Scott Watson

Fri, 15 Oct 2004 01:28:57 GMT
 VB6, DX8.1, & ConvertToBlendedMesh
Hello Eric,

Thanks a lot!

ouch! I think if it was a snake it would have jump up and
bit me. I did have the 8.1 devruntimes but 8.0
documentation.

Thanks a bunch!
Scott

Quote:

Fri, 15 Oct 2004 16:35:37 GMT

1. VB6 & DX8 Poly Pusher

2. VB6 & DX8

3. Some problems DX8.0-DX8.1

4. using both dx7 & dx8 type lib

5. DX8.1 & Visual Basic DirectSound Problem

6. VB6 DX8 unable to CreateDevice

7. DX8 & vertex streaming

8. ADO Linking Databases/Tables - VB6 & .mde

9. *&*&*&* Date math question *&*&*&*

10. DX8.DrawPrimitiveUP / Pointers to Structures ???

11. DX8 DirectXFileData issues

12. DX8 Glass