Boids Demo
Author Message
 Boids Demo

Hello again -

Does anyone know of an in depth analysis of the Boids
directX demo?  Of course, an analysis using VB would be
best, but even using Visual C would be okay too.  It is a
great demo, but certainly pretty complex.

Thanks in advance.

Chris

Tue, 03 Jan 2006 05:26:07 GMT
 Boids Demo
do you mean the D3D part or the DMusic part, since there is a DMusic Boids?

for the D3D part, it uses Craig Reynolds SIGGRAPH 1987 simulated flocking
"Boids" concept, see http://www.red3d.com/cwr/boids/

google, is your friend on that one, the boids term is very searchable.

for the DMusic part, I would have to think about it, since I picked apart
that demo many moons ago but havent looked at in a couple years.

Quote:
> Hello again -

> Does anyone know of an in depth analysis of the Boids
> directX demo?  Of course, an analysis using VB would be
> best, but even using Visual C would be okay too.  It is a
> great demo, but certainly pretty complex.

> Thanks in advance.

> Chris

Tue, 03 Jan 2006 23:44:28 GMT
 Boids Demo
Thanks very much, Phil.  You have pointed me to a lot of
great stuff.

Quote:

Wed, 04 Jan 2006 01:42:20 GMT

1. Boids Planes for VB

2. Beta/Demo Page/Trial Programs/Demo Packages

3. Beta/Demo Page/Trial Programs/Demo Packages

4. Demo Setup

5. time limit demos

6. Problem testing a localization demo

7. Good Intranet or Internet Site for Demo / Training HELP

8. Full-Featured Multi-Threading demo

9. Install VB.Net Stand over Studio Demo

10. Demo del módulo de decretos

11. Online demo of VB.NET

12. Point me to a good demo Webservice?