A <totally> ignorant question...
Author Message
 A <totally> ignorant question...

I'm sure this has been asked before but is the DX9 SDK usable
on a Win98 machine with Visual Studio 6.0?

From what I could see on the MS web site it looks like one
needs to be using .Net...

Thought I'd ask <before> installing the DX9--- don't want to
hose up my system...

:)

Wes

Mon, 20 Jun 2005 05:23:31 GMT
 A <totally> ignorant question...

Quote:

> I'm sure this has been asked before but is the DX9 SDK usable
> on a Win98 machine with Visual Studio 6.0?

> From what I could see on the MS web site it looks like one
> needs to be using .Net...

> Thought I'd ask <before> installing the DX9--- don't want to
> hose up my system...

> :)

> Wes

I can't see why there would be a problem.. no new functionality is available
to VS6 AFAIK with DX9, but thats it. I personally am running VS.NET, VS and
DirectX 9 SDK together just fine.

--
Max Bolingbroke MCP
http://www.bolingbroke.net/novanet/

Mon, 20 Jun 2005 07:04:19 GMT
 A <totally> ignorant question...
yes, the SDK supports both  VS 6 for C++ development and VS 7 for C++ and
.NET development.

--
Phil Taylor

> I'm sure this has been asked before but is the DX9 SDK usable
> on a Win98 machine with Visual Studio 6.0?

> From what I could see on the MS web site it looks like one
> needs to be using .Net...

> Thought I'd ask <before> installing the DX9--- don't want to
> hose up my system...

> :)

> Wes

Mon, 20 Jun 2005 06:44:17 GMT
 A <totally> ignorant question...
Thank you both for answering me!

:)

I've been trying to get a handle on using DX7/8 with VB6.0 and I was
just a bit "nervous in the service" thinking I'd have to go and relearn what
little I've figured out already is all...

... I know I <gotta> upgrade my system eventually... then I'll be able to
use .Net... till then I need to stuggle along with the old stuff!

-Wes

Quote:

> > I'm sure this has been asked before but is the DX9 SDK usable
> > on a Win98 machine with Visual Studio 6.0?

> > From what I could see on the MS web site it looks like one
> > needs to be using .Net...

> > Thought I'd ask <before> installing the DX9--- don't want to
> > hose up my system...

> > :)

> > Wes

> I can't see why there would be a problem.. no new functionality is
available
> to VS6 AFAIK with DX9, but thats it. I personally am running VS.NET, VS
and
> DirectX 9 SDK together just fine.

> --
> Max Bolingbroke MCP
> http://www.bolingbroke.net/novanet/

Mon, 20 Jun 2005 13:27:04 GMT

1. <<<<<<<<ComboBox>>>>>>>>>>>>

2. HELP >>>>>>WIN API <<<<<<<<<<

5. <<<<HELP- OLE container Control>>>>>>>>>

6. VB5<->RDO2<->ODBC<->ORACLE Procedure Problem

7. <<<Cneck Box>>>

8. <<<Gif Files>>>

9. <<<CD ROM>>>

10. <<<Win32Api.TXT>>>