best language to learn directX
Author Message
 best language to learn directX

I would like some advice as to the best language to use to learn
DirectX.
During the day I am a VB programmer - 2 or 3 tier apps/sql
server/aspstandard vb stuff really. I have been on a couple of C++
courses but never got around to using it. As far as I can tell VB
isn't the ideal language to atempt DirectX stuf.

I am wondering if I am better starting with something like C# - kill
two birds with one stone in effect as I would quite like to get into
.Net as well.

Thanks,

Mark.

Fri, 10 Sep 2004 16:58:09 GMT
 best language to learn directX
If you use a .NET language, wait around for DirectX 9 or you will have to go
through the DirectX COM interface too, just like in VB. I understand DX 9
will have a .NET way of accessing its functions.

Max Bolingbroke

Quote:
> I would like some advice as to the best language to use to learn
> DirectX.
> During the day I am a VB programmer - 2 or 3 tier apps/sql
> server/aspstandard vb stuff really. I have been on a couple of C++
> courses but never got around to using it. As far as I can tell VB
> isn't the ideal language to atempt DirectX stuf.

> I am wondering if I am better starting with something like C# - kill
> two birds with one stone in effect as I would quite like to get into
> .Net as well.

> Thanks,

> Mark.

Fri, 10 Sep 2004 17:10:02 GMT
 best language to learn directX

Quote:
> I would like some advice as to the best language to use to learn
> DirectX.
> During the day I am a VB programmer - 2 or 3 tier apps/sql
> server/aspstandard vb stuff really. I have been on a couple of C++
> courses but never got around to using it. As far as I can tell VB
> isn't the ideal language to atempt DirectX stuf.

ISN'T THE IDEAL LANGUAGE?

Of course not!. Because directx8 have official support only for Visual C++
AND Visual Basic. In any case, you can made almost all using only visual
basic.  If you are a newbies, then dx+visual basic is enough for many
projects.

Sat, 11 Sep 2004 01:15:27 GMT

1. Which is the best language to learn?

2. Which is the best language to learn?

3. Which is the best language to learn?

4. Wondering if VB is a good language to learn

5. Is VB a good language to learn?

6. Best learning strategy for learning web database prog.

7. Where i can find manuals to learn directx to VB

8. learn directx

9. How to get DirectX Language Reference ??

10. Wan'a learn another programing language.

11. trying to pick my frist language to learn

12. Learning new language