DirectX Events not releasing object reference
Author Message
 DirectX Events not releasing object reference

I have created an ActiveX EXE in VB to play WAV files through DirectSound8.
Everything works fine, except the releasing of the object.

Basically it's the event creation that then causes the object never to
terminate. This is the code:

mlngEventHandle(0) = mobjDX8.CreateEvent(Me) 'Create an event handle, and
attach it to this form.

mobjDX8.DestroyEvent mlngEventHandle(0) 'destroy it.

I have put this in the class_initialize as a test - if I comment out those
two lines, it will terminate correctly - if I put them back, it won't
terminate, so obviously the DestroyEvent call isn't releasing the reference
to "Me". Is there something else I should be doing?

TIA

Dino

Wed, 20 Aug 2003 06:16:23 GMT

1. Killing client does not release object reference

2. Releasing object references....

3. Releasing Reference to an Excel Object

4. Reference not released ?

5. VB won't release reference to COM object in use by another proces s

6. Multiple Forms Question: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

7. Error when showing form: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

8. Object reference not set to an instance of an object

9. Object Reference Not Set to an Instance of an Object

10. Please help with error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

11. How to fix Error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

12. Object reference not set to the instance of an object