Help Help directx 8.1
Author Message
 Help Help directx 8.1

I have had to reinstal directx 8.1 when my computer had a
problem installing a program that program took with it in
the uninstall files from directx as far as I can tell.

After the uninstall I could not opne any program that
needs dirextx eg, outlook express, everquest, all games. I
have a list that goes on of all the things I can not open.
I still have internet accress and windows and word.

So I reinstalled directx, my video and grafics card
drivers. I have done many system and dxdiag on the
computer. It keeps coming back nothing is horably wrong. i
have seen on other boards similar issues but no answers. I
have done the full instal of the video cam that I was
orig. installing that started all this and this did not
help either.

My system just hangs there not responding if I try to open
there applications. It is not just one program or that
would make this easy.

The only error/thing I have been able to find is:
detectdigitalriver.ocx is missing to run the  dxdiag any
help at all is needed.

Sat, 16 Apr 2005 16:03:43 GMT
 Help Help directx 8.1
Can you post the DxDiag dump ("Save All Information")?

> I have had to reinstal directx 8.1 when my computer had a
> problem installing a program that program took with it in
> the uninstall files from directx as far as I can tell.

> After the uninstall I could not opne any program that
> needs dirextx eg, outlook express, everquest, all games. I
> have a list that goes on of all the things I can not open.
> I still have internet accress and windows and word.

> So I reinstalled directx, my video and grafics card
> drivers. I have done many system and dxdiag on the
> computer. It keeps coming back nothing is horably wrong. i
> have seen on other boards similar issues but no answers. I
> have done the full instal of the video cam that I was
> orig. installing that started all this and this did not
> help either.

> My system just hangs there not responding if I try to open
> there applications. It is not just one program or that
> would make this easy.

> The only error/thing I have been able to find is:
> detectdigitalriver.ocx is missing to run the  dxdiag any
> help at all is needed.

Sun, 17 Apr 2005 00:40:31 GMT

1. VB.Net and DirectX 8.1?

2. Last Msg Re: SW FFB -- DirectX 8.1 (sorry)

3. directx 8.1

4. VB.NET and DirectX 8.1

5. DirectX 8.1 problem

6. VB Objects DirectX 8.1 and video codecs

7. Cant install directx 8.1

8. problems installing directx 8.1

9. DirectX 8.1 versions listed

10. DirectX 8.1 SDK.

11. chat program using vb and directx 8.1

12. Problems Installing DirectX 8.1