a double buffer question
Author Message
 a double buffer question

does a double buffer look like

a)  shown picture   1st buffer    2nd buffer

or

b)  shown picture 1st buffer
?

the reason i ask this, is because i thought double spaced meant a line of
text and then 2 blank lines lol

Mon, 08 Nov 2004 12:45:55 GMT
 a double buffer question

Quote:
> does a double buffer look like

> a)  shown picture   1st buffer    2nd buffer

> or

> b)  shown picture 1st buffer
> ?

> the reason i ask this, is because i thought double spaced meant a line of
> text and then 2 blank lines lol

Double buffered looks more like this:

Frame 1)
Display buffer

BufferA  BufferB

Frame 2)
Display buffer
      '--------,
BufferA  BufferB

All that's happening is the pointer to the image memory that gets displayed
on screen is being swapped, there's no interlacing effects performed as you
mention.  Double buffering simply means there's are two image buffers for
the display device to flip between, double spaced - when referring to text -
means that there is double the space between the lines.
Double just means two times in both cases (Two times the buffer and two
times the space), incidentally a double cheeseburger at McDonalds means
there's supposedly double the meat (Using the term in it's loosest possible
sense ;) and other junk than you'd get in a 'standard' cheeseburger, as far
as I know the lettuce and tomato is not interlaced with the burger though ;)
Hope this helps,

    Mike

 -- EDais --

 - Microsoft Visual Basic MVP -
WWW: Http://EDais.earlsoft.co.uk/

Mon, 08 Nov 2004 16:41:48 GMT

1. Dotnet - Double buffering, GDI+ - confused ...

2. Double Buffer Colors Off Slightly

3. Double Buffering

4. double buffering

5. Double buffering sample

6. waveOutWrite double buffering in VB

7. Double buffering in VB

8. Double Buffering in VB

9. Double buffer using PaintPicture?

10. Double-Buffer Woes

11. Exist Double Buffer?

12. Double Screen Buffering in VB-standard?