Direct sound
Author Message
 Direct sound

I am using directx version 7. I want to check if a sound
is playing using directsound.  I want to use sound
stitching to assemble play by play announcing.  How can I
tell using code, that a sound is currently playing?

Thanks for your help,

Dave Holt

Sat, 18 Sep 2004 02:50:00 GMT
 Direct sound

Quote:
> I want to check if a sound is playing using directsound.

DirectSoundBuffer.GetStatus will return DSBSTATUS_PLAYING if the buffer is
still playing.

Quote:
> I want to use sound stitching to assemble play by play announcing.

You could also use DirectSoundBuffer.SetNotificationPositions to trigger an
event near the end of the playing sample.  Additionally,
DirectSoundBuffer.GetCurrentPosition can also give you the current position
of the play cursor.

Hope this helps...

--
Eric DeBrosse
http://www.blown.com/dx/

The opinions expressed in this message are my own personal views and
do not reflect the official views of Microsoft Corporation. The MVP program
does not constitute employment or contractual obligation with Microsoft.

Sat, 18 Sep 2004 09:46:06 GMT

1. Directing Sound to modem or sound card

2. Direct sound

3. Direct Sound Capture

4. Compression in Direct Sound

5. direct sound problems

6. Problem with Direct Sound / VB6

7. MP3 via API or Direct Sound?

8. Direct sound

9. Doing Direct Sound win VB

10. Direct Sound In VB

11. Assign Sound Card To Direct Show Output

12. Direct X 7 or Direct X 8